Waves Voltage Amps

Get Perfect Tones in Seconds with Voltage Amps
Get Instantly Gratifying Tones with 7 Newly Designed Guitar & Bass Amps

Let Voltage Amps get you the timeless tones you want—easily. These amps are designed to deliver satisfying tones in any setting, with intuitive controls and even a Focus feature to match the amps’ tone to your individual guitar and pickups. Clean to crunchy, jangly to high-gain aggressive, vintage to modern—it’s all here.

Limited-Time Intro Buy Now

Voltage Amps is also available through the Waves Essential or Ultimate subscription,
or by updating your Mercury, SD7, or Pro Show bundle.

Over 400 Pro Level Presets

Voltage Amps comes packed with over 400 presets from the producers and engineers for Foo Fighters, Taylor Swift, Doja Cat, Panic at the Disco!, and more—as well as signature presets from metal legend Dave Mustaine and iconic producer Butch Vig (Nirvana).
Dave Mustaine (Megadeth)

Dave Mustaine

(Megadeth)

“Having these plugins is so convenient during my songwriting process. Having quick access to these useful sounds helps me put my ideas down with ease.”
Butch Vig (Nirvana, Foo Fighters)

Butch Vig

(Nirvana, Foo Fighters)

“The three best things about Voltage:
Tone, tone, and tone. Seriously, superb.”
Jacquire King (Kings of Leon, Tom Waits)

Jacquire King

(Kings of Leon, Tom Waits)

“Voltage Amps provides great tone shaping options.”
Richard Chycki (Dream Theater, Aerosmith)

Richard Chycki

(Dream Theater, Aerosmith)

“Voltage offers instant guitar tone. Combine this with StudioVerse and get print-ready guitars.”

Learn more »

Not to bad, they certainly grow on you and you can get good usable tones out of them with a little effort and good 3rd party Cab IR’s, although the included Cab’s are very useable :+1:

Having said that, if you are a seasoned Amp Sim user with a good collection, these likely won’t replace your goto.

If you are just starting out these would do nicely.

I belong to the first group, and own every software Amp Sim I know of, I got these included as a Mercury owner, but having played them I would have purchased them if I hadn’t received them as a Mercury inclusion.

$29.99, can’t really go wrong :+1:

What bothers me about the UI, is that it is not scrollable to get to the whole amp cab and perhaps have proper visuals of mic positioning on the cab. Waves, everyone else is able to do this, why not you?

The Focus control certainly makes this quite a powerful choice to find the right style of amp swiftly. Great amp for doing quick mockups… and more!!

1 Like

The Studioverse Presets that are using these amp sims are pretty good starting points from what I have tried so far. The amps and channels cover a good range of solid sounds and I like the interface. I use Helix Native and Helix Editor for my Helix Stomp but I still prefer “skumorphic” interfaces to the Line6 slide bar.

I finally WUP’d and got Voltage Amps. I just love it. There’s a simplicity to it and it makes dialing in a good sound very fast, which is exactly what I need.

I have a hot rails pickup on my Strat & the Silverado amp – oh man. I get a sound that cuts through the mix perfectly but without being brittle or fatiguing. It’s one of those sounds where I go, “Oh. This works. Problem solved.”

I still need to try the bass guitar version… but so far this seems great!

1 Like

I’m a big fan of that Focus control, I now wish every amp has one!!

1 Like