Waves NX error: The previously selected output device is not available, please select a different one

Hello,

I’m getting an error with Waves NX.
Platform is PC, Windows 10 x64 1909. Xonar DGX, Asus drivers.

A while back I got a Chord Mojo and used it via the USB connection. I don’t use that method anymore, and uninstalled the driver (for the Mojo).

Ever since then, very often when the PC boots up there is an error: The previously selected output device is not available, please select a different one.

The Speakers (Asus Xonar DGX Audio Device) is sometimes missing from the Output Devices box. I have to restart Waves NX, sometimes a few times before it works properly.
When the Mojo was connected via USB, it showed up in the Output Devices box.

I’ve tried uninstalling and reinstalling to no avail. The Personalization values reset to default, but the software does not ask for product ID when reinstalling.

I think this is related, once in a while the audio cuts out and the Output Devices box is empty. Sometimes there is an error message, the same.

I would like to uninstall it properly, but I don’t know where Waves NX might hold some folders/files.
Or find a solution.

Uninstalled Waves NX again.

Used CCleaner.

Searched and deleted any Waves / NX file on C:.

Reinstalled Waves NX.

I’ve rebooted several times and used it, no issues so far.

Hi @email_cv_82,

Sorry to hear about these troubles.
Please contact our support department. I’m sure they can help you sort this out.