Requesting resizable Plugin Windows!

Waves! You know about this feature - please prioritize the order of updates based on which products functionally need it the most.

For example, Waves Tune (not the realtime one) probably needs it more than any other. The code is perfectly functional but the plugin is practically unusable these days for many people due to the tiny window.

Also, I understand that the original UIs for Waves products were rendered at a lower resolution — but even if it was just an “x2 mode” that doubled the size of the of the existing U – that would be helpful for those of us on 4k monitors.

This issue is so important.

1 Like

i dont know why waves still not support 4k monitors and higher
we are in 2020
in the market now alot of 8k monitors ? and they need us to use 1080P ???

Yeah that’s a valid point. Personally I think the resizable functionality would be coming. The future is inevitable. They can put it off for only so long.

It’s all just a matter of “when”.

2 Likes

+1, resizable guis are sorely needed.

/Magnus

The wait is finally over! V12 is out with resizable plugin GUI’s!

More info here!

1 Like

Amazing news!!! <3 <3 <3 <3 <3

Just tried it out. It’s awesome.
But you’ve skipped the “175%” GUI Size. How come?

1 Like

Yes - but on Windows the upscaling is kind of useless. It is all blurry. I understand that it is fine on Macs, but on Windows it is not pretty.

/Magnus

1 Like

It’s quite possible that it’s because the original graphics were never made with “large scales” in mind. All they could really do from that point is use an enlarging algorithm on the original graphics. It’s not the best option but the only one they would have available.

What I foresee happening though is this represents just another stepping stone, making rescaling immediately available. The step following, I imaging, would be to update all the graphics for 2020, like they did with Renaissance. :thinking:

It’s ridiculous to tout such a simple minded implementation as feature. This is really a shame for such a big company.
Completely useless and carefully hidding in the feature video. The guy says how great the bigger UI looks. In reality it’s a … Ok, I got some new plugins I may or may not need with my bundle. But if I had only paid the upgrade price for the other plugins I have I’d say outright that I have been ripped off.

The UI of the older plugins need an overhaul anway. I was pretty astonished that they updates so few plugins.

Yeah but they resisted reusability for a very long time. Only now have they come around. But if we waited for them to redesign the interfaces of SO MANY plugins, we might not have seen this feature for another 6 to 12 months at a guess.

As it appears, they issues the resize feature ASAP, while planning to actually get the bigger project under away. At least, thats what I get from this and it make sense.

The ONLY real ridiculous thing here is that they waited so long. But we all make mistakes :thinking:

2 Likes

at home on windows everything works perfectly. it’s not blurry

While I do appreciate the ability to select the plugin window size, in most cases, most of the plugin is pretty blurry on a 43" 4K monitor. Will there be effort to redo the raster graphics in the plugins to support higher resolution screens or possibly leverage vector graphics instead?

2 Likes

you have to look in the windows settings if the DPI setting is enabled. it makes it possible not to have a blurry effect.

This has nothing to do with it. Even with hidpi enabled in Cubase Pro 11, everything above 100% is blurry. This is an established issue with the resizable guis on Windows and Waves have acknowledged it and are working on it.

/Magnus

ok it’s strange i don’t have this problem. I am using 150% and haven’t seen anything like it.

sorry magnus I’m talking nonsense. I unplugged my 4k screen and used my other screen. I forgot … it gets worrying to make mistakes like this … really sorry. suddenly I can’t see anything

1 Like

I have my resolution set to 4K. The HiDPI setting can only forced for the application like a DAW or a plugin host like Blue Cat Audio PatchWork. That being said, I did try multiple settings for the DAW and a plugin host and it didn’t make any difference for Waves plugins. It looks Waves used very low resolution raster graphics (bitmap) for their plugins and the only fix to that would be to update the graphics used in the plugins.

1 Like

let’s be patient waves will do what is necessary

1 Like

hi MAgnus.

I used my 4k TV with the waves plugins. no problem. 4k is not blurry