4K GUI support for Windows PC's!

I was working 6 years on an old macbook pro without any problems like this. I built for myself a monster future-proof PC with two 4K displays and only plugins from WAVES do not scale properly with 4K resolution which is very frustrating for me. MAC users do not have this problem so why there isn’t support for Windows for such an obvious thing for a long time already. I am a long time user of WAVES plugins and I really think I can demand such a generic feature.
(When I say “do not scale properly” I also mean they are completely inoperable)
Hope to see some answers and discussion here!

Thank you so much in advance.

M.

1 Like

+1 on this one! It’s 2020, the plugins should really be scalable. I’m also a long time waves user, having a 4K dislpay and it’s not working with tiny Waves plugins that also are inoperable if I’m using any zoom in WIndows.

@Mucha To make the plugins operable I’ve found that it works with Windows scaling at 100%. However, that’s not the long term solution @waves. I’m sometimes working on a 65" 4K display. The plugins are TINY. Please fix and make them scalable.

1 Like

Is it possible to scale the Waves plugins but NOT Windows itself? I have a large monitor so I like 4k at 100% standard size.

I need my Waves plugins at 200% while Windows is 100%. I don’t care if it’s blurry or pixelated, but I struggle without the scale.

+1 on this request. Many Waves plugins are very small in 4k, even new ones like AR Mastering channel.

I use mainly Waves plugins, so this would make a big difference to me.

/Magnus

1 Like

The wait is finally over! V12 is out with resizable plugin GUI’s!

More info here!

1 Like

Why aren’t the graphical assets adapted to the scaling? 200% looks distorted. Would expect crisp graphics even in the scaled version in 2020…

2 Likes

Same here. I’m working on a retina imac wich supports Metal and the GUI is very blurry:/

1 Like

Hi @ramo_and, @fb1 and all,

Indeed, the GUI looks blurry the more you exceed 100% size.
By declaring Retina-ready graphic, we are referring to Improved fonts and graphs on HiDPI and retina displays.
The bottom line, we believe it’s a useful feature, though not perfect looking, it’s much better than not being able to resize the GUI at all.

Future improvements will be evaluated, but there are no current plans.

@Urib Sure it’s more useful than nothing, but come on how hard is it to make the graphics look good in different sizes…

1 Like

Hi Urib,

In another thread on this forum, Yishai states the contrary opinion, that you indeed do plan such an update.

See V12 is here with Resizable plugins and more!

Best,

Magnus

You have to keep in mind that much of the graphics were created a long time ago. The original graphic files wouldn’t be hi-res enough to work on. So there’s a problem that’s going to b difficult to get past.

The only real solution is to do a UI refresh for everything. Which is badly needed, really, but something that will take time and probably a small army of Photoshop users!! :thinking:

1 Like

Sure, a UI refresh would be nice indeed. But @waves please don’t make anything like the newer L1 or Q10. Not good looking, nor user friendly. Look at other great looking plugins, e.g. Slate or T-racks by IK Multimedia.

I tend to agree. Although they are in a difficult position because of their long list of old die hard fans extending back to the beginning of time. Well, the beginning of plugins.

Many of them get grumpy if their desktop image has changed, let alone a plugin interface!?! So they do end up having to walk the line somewhere in the middle of new and modern and something that is classic and familiar… most of the time.

Although the Q10 and L1 do kind of prove me a bit wrong there, I don’t mind it, but it does need a bit of refining.

Are we talking about the 25th Anniversary Edition of L1? This? L1 Ultramaximizer Peak Limiter Plugin | Waves

I love the look of that UI! I wish L2 would get a similar update. Really though, an integrated loudness meter would be great on these as well.

Q10 as well – although with Q10 I just wish they would add RTAS! Q10 with an integrated realtime histogram would be perfect, especially with a TILT setting. I prefer -4.5db slope for a histogram display.

I’m really looking forward to V13. My fingers are crossed for more HiDPI updates and hopefully they get to my favorites, like Omni Channel and AR TG Mastering Chain.

If they surprised us with HiDPI for everything I might fall out of my chair (!) but there are so many plugins I’m not expecting that.

I just can’t get over how good the updated SSL plugins look!

Yeah I don’t mind L1, Q10 and AudioTrack are good, I just think the eq pan needed to be bigger, but the nodes smaller. It’s hard to do fine adjustments with it.

Overall I like the look, I just think those two need a bit more refinement.

1 Like