oVox Midi out with Logic Pro 11?

OK the new version of Logic Pro 11 (released May 2024) says

“Route MIDI internally to software instrument tracks in Logic Pro for Mac”

Does this mean oVox can now do midi out in Logic Pro 11 for MAC?

Ta

Hi @trentend,

Logic Pro 11 was yet qualified and tested by our team.

If this feature is now available and supported by Logic you can test this out and see if it works your on your setup.

Let us know how it went.

Hi

So the feature works as you would expect with logic midi instruments and effects.

However oVox does not appear on the list for “internal midi in”. It would be great If we could get it to? Hint hint :wink:

Thanks

1 Like

I ran into this too, trying to route MIDI out from oVox to a VI track in Logic but don’t see oVox listed on the internal MIDI In for the VI track. ANyone get this to work or have suggestions?

1 Like

I’d say wait a little longer. Waves is bound to release an update that fixes this issue… I hope.

1 Like

The problem isn’t with Waves, it’s with Logic, which does not permit/support MIDI out from an audio track.

Oh sorry, I thought you were running it as a Midi Controlled FX. That will allow midi through, the audio is connected via side chain. It’s a convoluted way to go about it, but might get you what you want.

It was a good enough way of doing things back 20 years or so ago when Logic first introduced Midi Controlled FX. It is just a really clumsy, impractical way of doing things in 2024. I’m hoping Apple changes this soon.