Network switch that is 1U and rackable, fanless and works with WSG

can you recommend a network switch that is 1U and rackable, fanless and works with WSG

Hi @shahtahir808 ,

most switches from this support page are fanless (at least the 8 port versions) and for some of them rack ears are available: https://www.waves.com/support/network-switches-for-soundgrid-systems

The Luminex switches seem to be the most roadworthy , not the cheapest ones though.

The simplest solution I saw is one of these Netgear switches on a 1U rack tray fixed with velcro or simple cable ties. e.g.: Thon Rack Adapter 1U 25 – Thomann United States
Looks cheap but does its job.

Hi dagroch,

Thank you very much for your help
st

I have acquired a set of Netgear M4250 AV-line switches for my LV-1 setup and must say that I am impressed by their performance.
the system is rock-solid.
I have a M4250 19" switch in my stagerack (what also holds my server, Tactus Stagerack and shurer Wireles.)
I have a small M4250 switch at FOH and a same switch at the Ableton station of my band.

There are 2 separate VLAN’s, one for WSG (I used the build-in Dante profile for this one) and one for control. (MyMon for the artists, remote midi from Ableton to FOH to switch autotune on-and off, Shure WWB, etc. The control VLAN is configured with the DATA profile.

From the moment I introduced these switches, my setup became far more reliable.

I can really advise to get a try on this switch series.

BR,
Steven