Introducing Waves Creative Access

For all of you guys that where stuck with V13 plugins, but have StudioRack v14, no need to beg to Waves for a WUP update option. Just load StudioRack and use any V13 plugin you have, even with Studioverse! It’s also an option if you want to use V13 with Pro Tools M1 native AAX(which is only available if you have V14), since you can use StudioRack V14 as a VST wrapper and load any V13 plugin you own!

Lol at the guy who told me on the phone earlier that this ■■■■■■ model was created based on customer requests. Take a look at this thread.

This is such a ■■■■■ d.i.r.t.y. move directed at anyone who spent hundreds on your plugins. I will do everything in my power to avoid ever paying a single cent to this backstabbing company again.

And look how they took the forum link off of their website to bury this reaction. Embarrassing.

12 Likes

I’ll use torrents before this type of subscription service.

2 Likes

This is the most tonedeaf thing I’ve seen from a plugin company. Who needs access to hundreds of plugins? What if I only use 5? The basic tier doesn’t even have access to all plugins. RIP if what you need is in the ultimate tier, like ■■■. No one would ever get their monies worth out of this except for WAVES. Every company lately is trying to promote growth by screwing over their customer base, and I’m sure these companies think they can grow indefinitely, because as we all know, money grows on tree’s and we all have infinite money to give our corporate overlords.

WCA adds no real value for anyone using it, they didn’t even do a good job of faking perceived value with it. It’s just sad… I’ll gladly pay $100+ to someone else for a single plugin I can keep over waves tonedeaf subscription. WCA should have at least been an option alongside existing payment models, not a replacement, would have gone over a lot better.

8 Likes

I don’t like this politic. I would like to be refunded of all the money that I spent in Waves plugin and then I will find valid alternatives if the only option that I have is to be forced to a subscription.
Please reconsider this decision according to all the negative feedback that you are receiving here ( pratically the good 99,9 % of the comments ).
Thanks

8 Likes

This is wrong on so many levels !

As many here I’ve been a loyal customer for years, I own most of your plug ins but I actually only use about a dozen on a regular basis and maybe another dozen every now and then, so I don’t need to own every single one, plus why should I have to pay a monthly rent for something I already paid thousands of dollars for? The WUP was a terrible idea already, that’s one of the reasons why people are not buying your products as much as they used to , also there are many other really good options out there, so you decide to ignore all of this and double down trying to force us into a subscription plan ( like mobsters: If you want keep your “perpetual” license you have to pay a monthly fee perpetually ) with no warning or any option to upgrade one last time nor any sort of loyalty program for those of us who have been with you for all these years, you are just pushing your few remaining loyal customers away !

The economic situation has been very difficult for the past couple of years, many of us can’t afford to spend as much money as we used to, today we have to spend our hard earn cash much more cautiously, so not only it’s unfair and insulting to your existing customers it’s also the worst timing to try to pull this off.
A terrible business decision from every angle.

Improving the quality of your products (adding oversampling for example ) and getting rid of the WUP are better ways to improve your sales and to maintain and attract current and new customers, maybe this way you wouldn’t have to have “sales” everyday of the year, but forcing new and old customers to a subscription plan is so insulting, shortsighted and absurd.

Your competitors are opening champagne bottles today celebrating your decision ! as most of your customers will be looking for options to replace your plug ins and since today this is easier than ever because there are so many high quality plug ins available out there, you just made other companies a lot of money !

Congrats Waves !

8 Likes

I recently bought 2 plugins on sale after Waves announced ‘Authorization changes’ (note, nothing mentioning an upended business model).

As a Mac user, I based this purchase on the idea of extended usage necessitating purchasing WUP in the not-too-distant future. That was fine.

Now you’ve removed WUP and devalued my purchases, purchases that were made when you knew full well what was coming. I argue that you got that sale under false pretenses and have asked for a refund.

Waves, you make great tools. I urge you to rethink this catastrophic decision.

8 Likes

Pro Q is worth having

3 Likes

This would not be enough. I bought like 20 this year. They need to do right by all loyal customers not just the ones who spent a crazy amount.

1 Like

Waves, you are having no sense of shame, you lost me

10 Likes

This is absolutely terrible. So wrong of you waves. So disrespectful to your customers. Time for me to pack up and walk away

9 Likes

I’m also out. This milking ■■■■■■■■…

7 Likes

This is so incredibly wrong. You need to at minimum upgrade all of people’s perpetual licenses to the latest version of Waves.

I feel robbed and put in an impossible place with my existing sessions. I spent $450 on several smaller bundles a few years back (besides all of the other Waves plugins I’ve purchased), which I have been using until I very recently upgraded my operating system. I hadn’t done WUP on those bundles (and other plugins) yet because this OS upgrade was so recent. Just using these bundles as an example, I can no longer use or edit any of the many projects and mixes that were using these plugins, and I have no way to upgrade the $450 of perpetual licenses I paid for. If I want to use any of these bundles, I have to start from scratch and pay monthly as though I’ve paid absolutely nothing (instead of $450) for these bundles. A 1-2 month credit is nothing compared to the amount I’ve already paid for my perpetual licenses!

Also, getting more plugins than I already have in a subscription does not fix this issue - I don’t want all of those other plugins. I want the ones I paid (handsomely) for. I’ve never heard of any action taken in the pro audio industry that devalues people’s hard earned money more than this change by Waves. Deeply disappointed. You need to do right by your previous paying customers.

2 Likes

So basically I now have to pay a rental fee to use the LV1 mixing console I bought!!! No other mixing console on the planet requires a rental fee to be able to use the mixing console. IF you want to do a subscription model that is fine, but give us the option to buy the plugins too.
I would pay a little more than the typical $29.99 for a plugin for a perpetual licenses.
If this is how its going to be, you HAVE to make exceptions for LV1. You HAVE to have the Emo plugins become perpetual, as they are part of the mixing console. Also you HAVE to do a delay and a reverb that are for that mixing console.
This whole thing is absolutely insane and I am seeing nothing but anger over this.

5 Likes

Terrible management. Terrible choice. I’m out. No more Waves for me. Was going to upgrade to Mercury here this year. Not now. Not ever. They lost tons of future sales from me with this decision.

4 Likes

Goodbye Waves! I refuse to use subscription only software. I left Adobe after years and never looked backed! I have been a Waves user for user for years. I have faithfully upgraded. No more! While having a subscription based OPTION for some is wise having it as the only method for use is a deal breaker for a large number of users. I have been monitoring forums and what people say about this very issue. It doesn’t bode well for the subscription only model. Very disappointment to say the least! Oh well, Goodbye!!

1 Like

When I bought my Waves plugins, the WUP FAQ explicitly stated: “You can always renew your update plan, no matter how much time passed since you last updated your products.” This promise is no longer being honored with zero warning. How is that not illegal deceptive business practices? I would have bought one last WUP to get everything up to date if I had known this was coming. Even worse, I was promised that I would always be able to renew my plan until the moment that option disappeared. That promise is still on the Waves website at the time of this posting. People made purchase decisions based on that promise and got the rug pulled out from under them. Again, how is this move not illegal?

10 Likes

According to Waves Audio’s Software License Agreement, the company provides updates and support for their products “at its sole discretion.” The agreement does not specify a specific time limit or obligation for Waves Audio to provide updates or support.

However, the agreement does state that updates and upgrades may be provided for free or for a fee, and that users must agree to the terms of any updates or upgrades before installing them. This suggests that Waves Audio may provide updates and upgrades as they see fit, and may charge users for some updates or upgrades.

FOR FREE or FOR A FEE. NOT BY SUBSCRIPTION ONLY!

1 Like

According to Waves Audio’s Software License Agreement, the company provides updates and support for their products “at its sole discretion.” The agreement does not specify a specific time limit or obligation for Waves Audio to provide updates or support.

However, the agreement does state that updates and upgrades may be provided for free or for a fee, and that users must agree to the terms of any updates or upgrades before installing them. This suggests that Waves Audio may provide updates and upgrades as they see fit, and may charge users for some updates or upgrades.

FOR FREE or FOR A FEE. NOT BY SUBSCRIPTION ONLY!

Thank you,
ChatGPT

Just chiming in to say….I’ll be removing all Waves plugins from from DAW, even those that expire later this year, and getting all,the bad mojo out of my system. Ah well, it was good for awhile. But….see ya!

3 Likes