Introducing Waves Creative Access

What the Hell are you thinking by treating your long time customers in this way?!?

What does this mean for Hardware Owners such as Digigrids and Waves Servers?

14 Likes

Subscribe? Never ever, over my dead body. You ā– ā– ā– ā– , Waves. Good bye

10 Likes

Thatā€™s what Iā€™m saying, everyone who has ever purchased a Waves plugin, right up until yesterday, now has less than one year of WUP. Many people will have no active WUP on many of their plugins. So, being unable to upgrade your plugins for continued compatibility, there is a great chance that when you get a new computer/OS/DAW update/etc., your Waves plugins will break, and your perpetual licenses wonā€™t do you much good.

Iā€™d guess most of them should continue working for a few years. And by then, there will probably be something else you would rather use anyway.

This is not what Waves has built their brand on. They have been known as the company whose plug-ins keep working forever. Thatā€™s why Iā€™ve been happy to pay for WUP, knowing my sessions from yesterday and from 10 years ago will work as they should.

8 Likes

I left Avid/Pro Tools when they began to talk of subscription; I useStudio One BUT never Iā€™ll do a sbscription with their Sphere. Never Pulsar, never Plugin Alliance etc and now YOU ! I was disappointed when I discovered your Upgrade Plans and now the final surprise. All plugins I bought are nothing.
Thanks indeed Waves I close everything with you, really a shame.

8 Likes

I completely agree with you. At minimum, we should have been given the opportunity to upgrade everything to V14 with a year of support. That would have actually been a nice cash influx for Waves and would have avoided much of the hostility.

Unbelievably stupid decision. Letā€™s see if there is anybody with any functioning brain cells there. If so, they will quickly offer at least offer a limited time V14 upgrade period. At this point, the damage is probably done. As others have said, it makes little sense to create new projects dependent on plug-ins that might not work in a couple of years. But I would like to at least get to the V14 level to protect the projects I have created the past 2 or 3 years using some Waves plugs.

10 Likes

@Adi.Waves

Feeling ripped of by this company after purchasing Soundgrid hardware and almost all plugs & bundles over years (owning Mercury & Studio classics, Abbeyroad collection etc.)

Worth nothing with a blink of an eye - Thank you Waves for killing my long time investā€¦

Am mighty pissed!

12 Likes

25 years pf buying the plugins and updates. I almost all of the plugins. Now I pay $300 a year for something I already spent nearly $10k on?!?!?

How is there no loyalty offer like with Plugin Alliance?

16 Likes

Hahaha, very silly news, and no one will be pleased, and you will write your end, and time will prove it
I will not subscribe, I will not give you my money enough, what you took from more than 2000 dollars, and now a monthly subscription
Itā€™s funny do you think customers will subscribe?

8 Likes

Thousands of dollars of plugins now seemingly rendered worthless because of this bizarre move. And mere hours after Avid releases native silicon support. What a strange way to treat longtime loyal clients who helped establish the business you have today. No more Waves for me until things are rectified.

10 Likes

This is easily the dumbest decision yā€™all have made. You could have both the permanent bundle and the subscription service and it would be fantastic, but instead you decided to be greedy.

12 Likes

This is a horrible, horrible decision. Youā€™ve lost a previously loyal customer. Will never spend a penny (or cent!) with you again.

10 Likes

Iā€™m out. Not paying for a subscription after buying the product.

18 Likes

I am done! I have own 2 full copies of Mercury + Studio Classics for many years. Superrack/LV1/Abbey bundles, damn near everything. I bought Mercury when it was many thousands and long before WUP even existed. Paid over $500 in WUP every year this whole time. F! This. You lost me! I recently sold all my Waves hardware and LV1. I just paid WUP through middle of 2024!!! I want that back! I would go to Slate before I spend another penny on Waves. Stock plugins have gotten so good, I know hope this move sinks the ship. I couldnt be more annoyed with this company. Fire your CEO cause this is a pathetically stupid move.

10 Likes

True. Iā€™m curious what third party plugs people still use, considering that the major DAWs have so much capability bundled in.

I do use Izotope Neutron and Ozone, but not much else from the 3rd party world.

3 Likes

/// thereā€™s still time. offer everyone an upgrade to v14, offer existing customers with 50+ plugins a free year of Creative Access, offer customers with 100+ plugins 2 years free.

4 Likes

This is unacceptable Waves. No warning of this new subscription base system that totally voids your previous commitment to customers that bought your products with the options to update their plugins that they owned as needed.
When the topic of, Would our users want to upgrade their plugins to the latest versions before we take it away, came up in discussions, Waves decided to deny that by not telling userā€™s that this change was going to happen because userā€™s could get way more life out of their plugins that they own for way cheaper than 25.00 a month. This is a hostel move by Waves!

13 Likes

When we paid at least $2000 (in my case way more) for Mercuryā€¦what good is one year free? Minimum 5yrs should be the starting point for each premium bundle, and more if you have been paying WUP for years and years.

8 Likes

I just uninstalled every single Waves product from my DAW, VEP machines, and SuperRackā€¦this includes Waves Central. Waves products are now dead to me. Short of a refund or at least 5yrs free Ultimate license. I will never install the products again. Good luck with the new customers. The ones who kept you in business wont be doing it anymore.

UPDATE: I just paid WUP on Mercury + Studio Classics, Abbey Bundle, and more good though MAY 2024. Anyone want to cash me out? PM me

10 Likes

What other options are you guys looking at other than waves?

1 Like

This is really a poor decision and an even worse roll out. Zero details on any cross grade offers and barely any notice?

One thing I feel like might be able to salvage this for current users who have traditionally been bundle averse and have stuck to just buying what they need: allow users like this (myself included) to crossgrade to a customized version of Essentials, where we can choose to forfeit plugins we have never had any interest in that are part of Essentials in exchange for plugins we already had and are using. I feel like doing that would go a long way towards making existing users happy with the new system and way more eager to join. Otherwise a lot of us are feeling like we are now being forced to pay more than WUP every single year just to retain our old plugins and the only ā€˜bonusā€™ is a plug-in folder crowded with stuff we never wanted or asked for.

Either that or the option for existing users to do a ā€˜make your own Essentialsā€™ bundle.

Just in general this is really disappointing. All subscriptions have done in the past few years is highlight the fact that WUP was a much better deal for customers and now WUP is gone. Oof.

6 Likes