Introducing Waves Creative Access

Waves, I don’t care that you’ve changed your mind and are going back to the way it was. You’ve shown your true colors and have shown how much we customers are actually valued by you which is less than your cheapest plugins sell for on Black Friday. I don’t trust you as a company, and your management who made the tone-deaf decision to screw all of us should all be fired.

It will be a very cold day in hell before I support you again. I’m done with you as a company, and I’m sure I’m not alone.

4 Likes

Good news, thank you for listening.

Stein Tore

That’s probably an excellent idea in any case, Waves or no Waves. Thanks for the reminder.

please bring back soundgrid studio 16,32,64
we r owner of digigrid equipments
we dont want to pay more to use it with lv1
or give us free upgrade @Adi.Waves

1 Like

I’m glad that Waves has come to the realization that a subscription is a poor solution for a large group of users, and it’s a slap in the face to customers who have bought their plugins for many years and for a lot of money.

Thanks for reversing this decision and putting the old scheme in place. I will wait for the further development of the subject, but at least do not rush to find and implement alternatives.

2 Likes

I just got the email this morning, and I’m so Happy that they overturned their decision to remove perpetual license sales and make it a side by side service. I don’t think I have ever seen a company overturn a decision so fast based on customer input, and even though some of our words were pretty harsh toward them I’m just thrilled they listened, and excited to see what unfolds next as far as product intigration and sales.

Thank the music heavens that the company has a Cto/ co-founder that listens to its customers, and I hope they offer some sort of product sale or product giveaway or even secondary license change to help win customers back.

The best thing they could do is offer 2 or even 3 full perpetual licenses per product for customers who have multiple PCs in their studio, like myself I have a desktop, laptop, and tablet for enhanced workflow. Keeping paid updates as a one time puchase for all owned products as well, would allow customers to stay up to date, or even better offer the product updates for free.

I’m patiently waiting to see what comes next,
Or trying to be patient anyways lol

Thank You, Meir Shashoua, and any other employees of Waves audio for making this happen!

1 Like

@Adi.Waves Yes, of course. There should be a free crossgrade from Soundgrid Studio to LV1.

2 Likes

I’m so Happy that they overturned their decision to remove perpetual license sales and make it a side by side service. I don’t think I have ever seen a company overturn a decision so fast based on customer input, and even though some of our words were pretty harsh toward them I’m just thrilled they listened, and excited to see what unfolds next as far as product intigration and sales.

Thank the music heavens that the company has a Cto/ co-founder that listens to its customers, and I hope they offer some sort of product sale or product giveaway or even secondary license change to help win customers back.

The best thing they could do is offer 2 or even 3 full perpetual licenses per product for customers who have multiple PCs in their studio, like myself I have a desktop, laptop, and tablet for enhanced workflow. Keeping paid updates as a one time puchase for all owned products as well, would allow customers to stay up to date, or even better offer the product updates for free.

I’m patiently waiting to see what comes next,
Or trying to be patient anyways lol

Thank You, Meir Shashoua, and any other employees of Waves audio for making this happen!

2 Likes

hello community! personally, i had decided to refrain from commenting i read you all with pleasure sharing your concerns … i don’t know why but i had full confidence in WAVES and once again i didn’t regret trusting it! GREAT COMPANY AND GREAT HUMILITY … AS SOON AS YOU RESTORE EVERYTHING I WILL PURCHASE THE MERCURY PACKAGE THAT I HAVE LONGED FOR! WAVES FOREVER!!!

1 Like

i am of the opinion that waves didn’t take the step to rip us off. in part it can be seen as an advancement process since everything nowadays is based on subscriptions! what is really remarkable in my opinion is the fact that waves listened to its community and this really does it credit and, from my side, creates if anything, even deeper trust in the company that has always churned out the best plug-ins in existence today! man, look at the gesture of listening to one’s community and don’t take it for granted! other plug-in companies do and have done this without turning back despite the cry of their community! for me honor and respect to WAVES!!!

1 Like

I’m glad management listened. I’m a bit cautious of management now and perhaps my loyalty has taken a hit.

1 Like

Wow, that’s earlier than I expected to see mgmt back pedal on the sub-only plan. Now giving all current users a month or two of free WUP for all their plugins would be a good thing to do to calm down disgruntled users further.

2 Likes

Too late. You’ve shown you can’t be trusted. I’ve got other plugins I can use. I’m done.

5 Likes

I’ve got a really nice bridge for sale…

1 Like

Apparently my critical comment posted here a few minutes ago has been “temporarily hidden” by Waves’ automated spam filter. Will see if this gets reposted soon.

JUST Wow! You know, at some point my operating system isn’t going to work with my Waves perpetual plugin licenses, even though Waves is allowing us to use them… for now. When that day comes, there will be NO SUPPORT for the “Perpetual” licenses they have peddled. People will just have to cross over and start subscribing, paying MONTHLY.

WOW. (The price will go up too. I suspect that what we see right now is the INTRO price)

Lets see, I BOUGHT the Horizon Bundle, the Abbey Road bundle, the Studio Classics bundle, the Manny Marroquin bundle, and many many many other plugins one at a time, two at a time… I ask you, Waves; How much did I spend already? $1,000.00? …EASY.

I’m so fluffing upset. I for one will NOT subscribe to Waves …e v e r.
This feels like a breach of contract. I spent a thousand dollars, more I’m sure, expecting SUPPORT!
No, never again here.

I’m due to pay my WUP, which I will do… Once my operating system changes, and these plugins no longer work, will my licenses still receive support on my next computer?

What sort of business model IS this anyway?? Thieves. Liars.

1 Like

Did you miss the recent announcement?

What happens when I upgrade my computer & I have a new operating system? Will you upgrade my perpetually licensed plugins to work on my new operating system, Waves? Or will I have to cross over to the subscription plan? My understanding is that I would have to subscribe at that point.

Unless you go back and SUPPORT the PERPETUAL licenses I’ve already BOUGHT from you, Waves won’t receive another 10 cents from me.

1 Like

@EarthThingie Bro, read the announcement ffs

The appropriate move in the circumstances. I think most customers just want to be treated fairly and ethically. The original move was very much not that for previous long-term customers with significant investments in Waves, but this reversal might just be the saving grace. Pat on the back to all who vigorously lobbied publicly and privately for basic fairness and made this reversal happen. I really like Waves plugins and use them all the time, so the past couple of days really was a sad situation. But for the reversal today, I would have had to abandon the company on principle over this, at the expense of better/easier mixes sure. I’m ok with the subscription model for (a) customers who haven’t already invested hundreds/thousands or (b) as an option for anyone choosing it. Glad we (hopefully) have a better path forward now.