Introducing Waves Creative Access

I am totally disgusted by the way waves have ditched their customers over the past few decades. We paid you for the products and now you want us to pay for them again. Total greed.I have over 100 plugins bought from you… Not only have you turn your back on us you have priced so many young and upcoming producers and musicians out. I will never buy another plugin from your company. There is plenty of top quality plugins on the market. Good look waves.

1 Like

Hi,
Very sad news to learn about all that (and also the way it has happened). I think it’s a huge mistake. Only pros or semi pros can support such a change. What Waves is surely forgetting is that, before being used in a pro studio, all these plugins are, sorry… “were”, used by amateurs and normal people that learned about them before becoming pros and using them a lot more. Now, this way of being introduced to these plugins is lost and forgotten.

By the way, one thing is sure, I will never spend any more money with Waves.

The only thing that could make me change my mind is that Waves starts to think right again, especially in these difficult times we all have now and how we struggle with money, and comes back to perpetual licences.

1 Like

I have yet to see one person who thinks this is a good idea.

Waves just torpedoed themselves.

It’s a guarantee that this decision was not made by a creative person who actually makes things. It will have been made by a manager who will carry on scraping for revenue until he’s destroyed the business.

People like that get paid a fortune, and ruin everything they touch.

1 Like

I am not sure when this statement was written, but apparently the CEO saw this coming. I really hope Waves can learn from this terrible mistake, and try to make things right.

I have put so many freelancers on to waves. I am getting texts of anger. I understand because I feel that as well. I got the largest AV company in the world to load all their desks with waves cards. I have complained about things I do not like, but I have also evangelized the benefits to so many.
Mr Gilad asked what to do to fix this. Allow those of us that came on with the PROMISE from waves to WUP any time forever, to continue to do that! Its that simple. Everyone new does the subscription, and grandfather clause all of us that bought in to the PROMISE of the WUP model, which was WUP ANY TIME IN THE FUTUE TO UPDATE EVERYTHING AT A CAP OF $240 for a 1 year ability to get updates. That is the RIGHT thing to do.

3 Likes

For those that ONLY use plugins, and ONLY use 1 license, if they prefer to do the subscription, then let them.

Additionally, even for subscription users, it would be nice to have a pick 5, pick 10, pick 20 option there. Lots of people do not need most or all of the plugins. Just read about a guy that has 4 soundgrid rigs each running just 1 plugin in a professional environment. It will cost him $1000. a year to update his 1 single plugin. Plus, once that plugin no longer works on his Superrack, he will have to WUP 4 instances of superrack. I don’t know what that will cost, but it won’t be cheap. He will find another way to do what that plugin does and sell his 4 servers for cheap. Was that the intention of this move? I think not.

Or maybe just do both models and call it a day.

1 Like

“Dear Waves community,

Over the past few days, many of you have expressed concerns about our decision to discontinue perpetual plugin licenses and our move to an exclusive plugin subscription model. I would like to start by apologizing for the frustration we have caused many of you, our loyal customers. We understand that our move was sudden and disruptive, and did not sufficiently take into consideration your needs, wishes, and preferences. We are genuinely sorry for the distress it has caused.

After respectfully listening to your concerns, I want to share with you that we are bringing back the perpetual plugin license model, side-by-side with the new subscriptions. You will again be able to get plugins as perpetual licenses, just as before.

In addition, those of you who already own perpetual licenses will once again be able to update your plugins and receive a second license via the Waves Update Plan—again, just as before. This option, too, will be available alongside and independently of the subscription program.

We are currently putting all our efforts into making perpetual licenses available to you again, as quickly as possible. In the meantime, you can keep-up-date on this webpage, where we will post real-time updates as they are available.

I would like you to know that we are committed to you, our users. We listened to your feedback, and we will continue to listen to you. Waves is a company filled with users and creators, just like you, and we are all as passionate about the products as you are. With this in mind, we will strive to find the way to make things right by you, and hopefully regain your trust.

Thank you for your feedback and continued support—I wish you all the best,

Meir Shashoua
CTO and Co-Founder
Waves Audio”

4 Likes

Where did he write that?

Former Director of Engineering at Cakewalk here (10 years ago). I get the subscription model from a business point of view and I know first hand how tough this business is. But waves has such a vast and diverse set of products, it seems like the wrong granularity to offer just two levels (expensive and very expensive) of subscription. I use (or used I guess) two or three waves plugins regularly and a few others very occasionally. I have always paid to keep those plugins current. I can’t justify the spend here for the new scheme.

2 Likes

It was posted to Pro Tools Expert and Production Expert a few minutes ago.

Thanks Waves, that’s the right thing to do and the move we all were waiting for (I guess).

:+1: :+1:

2 Likes

Important Update: Perpetual Licenses and Updates Will Be Back Alongside Subscriptions

Letter from Meir Shashoua, Waves CTO and Co-Founder – March 29, 2023:

Dear Waves community,

Over the past few days, many of you have expressed concerns about our decision to discontinue perpetual plugin licenses and our move to an exclusive plugin subscription model. I would like to start by apologizing for the frustration we have caused many of you, our loyal customers. We understand that our move was sudden and disruptive, and did not sufficiently take into consideration your needs, wishes, and preferences. We are genuinely sorry for the distress it has caused.

After respectfully listening to your concerns, I want to share with you that we are bringing back the perpetual plugin license model, side-by-side with the new subscriptions. You will again be able to get plugins as perpetual licenses, just as before.

In addition, those of you who already own perpetual licenses will once again be able to update your plugins and receive a second license via the Waves Update Plan—again, just as before. This option, too, will be available alongside and independently of the subscription program.

We are currently putting all our efforts into making perpetual licenses available to you again, as quickly as possible. In the meantime, you can keep-up-date on this webpage, where we will post real-time updates as they are available.

I would like you to know that we are committed to you, our users. We listened to your feedback, and we will continue to listen to you. Waves is a company filled with users and creators, just like you, and we are all as passionate about the products as you are. With this in mind, we will strive to find the way to make things right by you, and hopefully regain your trust.

Thank you for your feedback and continued support—I wish you all the best,

Meir Shashoua
CTO and Co-Founder
Waves Audio

20 Likes

Thank you for listening Waves! This makes sense; Perpetual AND Subscription. Thank you :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Thank you very much!

2 Likes

Thanks for bringing back WUP!

2 Likes

Good first step. As a peace offering you should seriously consider a deep-discount WUP sale/accommodation for your long-term supporters, too.

8 Likes

thank you for reading and listening :+1:

4 Likes

Thank you Waves for realizing the error of your ways!

Yeah, right. Curious as to what will happen to regain the trust they lost.
Man, can’t wait to finish freezing/bouncing all my projects.

1 Like