WAVES.COM SPECIALS SUPPORT

Installer button disabled - no space but loads of space available

I cannot install Waves plugins as the installer button is disabled and I cannot get it to enable. It say there is no space but there is lots of space available.

I have tried uninstalling, reinstalling, tried the offline installer etc but nothing works

Please help!

Hi @Michelle, hope you are staying safe.

This is a local issue that should be troubleshooted by our fantastic tech support team.
Please contact them here.

Thanks!

For the record, I have the same issue. Awaiting a response from support.

I Have the same issue. I have just bought Abbey Road Studio 3 and H- Delay. And I am waiting to try the demo of the H-Comp. But the Install button in WC is greyed out and the text beneath says that the plugin require 4 gb of space and I have zero. Not true in the slightest, I have 97 gb. Waves need to adress this quickly. The guy in technical has offered up various solutions, but with no success. Every time I go to add to my collection, I always have a problem. Not happy at all. I’ve spent virtually a complete day on this, and have too many other other problems going on to be dealing with this. I’m stressed out tbh.

Hi @andykinch - please reach out to our support team, preferably by phone to troubleshoot and resolve this as quickly and stress-free as possible,
I am sure they can assist.

Thanks

TLDR: My solution was to rebuild the WMI repository. It took about 60 seconds (after several hours of searching and experimenting).

I called Waves tech support, who suspected it was either a permissions issue or the Windows WMI was broken. We unsuccessfully went down the permissions path together, including re-installing under a newly-created administrator account. I also tried the offline installer package. His next suggestion involved backing up and restoring Windows, at which point I bowed out. My PC has 4 hard drives, RAID, etc., and since Waves Central was the only software I had any issues with - I was’t ready to risk screwing things up. It’s possible we would have ended up here together, but… here’s what finally worked for me.

WARNING: This was my solution to my problem. Since Windows source files are involved, it’s possible (though not likely) you employing my solution could make your problem worse.

I eventually found the Waves Central log file, which included an error revealing the issue:
C:\Users<USERNAME>\AppData\Roaming\Waves Audio\Waves Central\Logs\Waves-Central.log

WinNodeDisk::getFreeSpaceGBSync Failed
Command failed: “%SystemRoot%\System32\Wbem\wmic.exe” logicaldisk where DeviceID=‘C:’ get FreeSpace
logicaldisk - Alias not found.

Apparently, in order to determine the available space, Waves runs a command that using a built-in windows tool called WMIC. Specifically, they check the “C:” drive using LOGICALDISK, which is simply an alias for “Select * from Win32_LogicalDisk”.

I opened an elevated command prompt to see if I could run it myself.

This didn’t work:
wmic logicaldisk where DeviceID=‘C:’ get FreeSpace

This did work:
wmic path Win32_LogicalDisk where DeviceID=‘C:’ get FreeSpace

I looked at my list of aliases (“wmic /?”) to see that LOGICALDISK wasn’t there. In fact, the list of aliases was alphabetical, and I had nothing above the letter F.

• sfc /scannow reported no issues
  • trying several rebuild/reset winmgmt commands did nothing

I eventually rebuilt the WMI repository following these steps:

1. Stop the winmgmt service using an elevated command line: “net stop winmgmt”
  2. Rename or move the “C:\Windows\System32\wbem\Repository” folder (a file permission change may be needed)
  3. Restart winmgmt service: “net start winmgmt”
  4. After “waiting a bit” (abt 3 mins for me, though I’m not sure it was necessary), reboot the PC

After rebooting, a newly created repository folder was present (including the missing aliases), and Wave Central was able to properly determine the available space.

Note: I have no idea how my alias list became truncated, and I have no idea how long it was like that. My suspicion is that it had been like that for quite a while, but never caused me grief because it isn’t used by installer packages much anymore. WMIC was deprecated by Windows in 2012 (being replaced by , and it isn’t used by installer packages much anymore (having been replaced by PowerShell’s Get-WmiObject and later Get-CimInstance).

Copyright © 2019 Waves Audio Ltd. All rights reserved. Contact Us | Terms & Conditions | Privacy Policy