DAW of Choice - let's settle this!

Hi @pghsteelman ,

After looking in to your case, I can provide the following information:

I understand that you wish to use StudioRack in SoundGrid mode, in order to offload the CPU usage of the plugins to the SoundGrid server.

As it is mentioned in the Tech Specs of StudioRack - Cakewalk by BandLab is a DAW that is supported in Native mode only, and is not supported in SoundGrid mode. Therefore StudioRack cannot be used in CakeWalk in SoundGrid mode, the same way you would use it in other DAW’s that support this option.
The reason for this is not something we can disclose.

I can also see, that during the troubleshooting session with our Tech Support representative you’ve been offered a workaround, which is also not officially supported, but can provide a solution if using Cakewalk is necessary.

1 Like

I loved Reason but since 2016 I switched to Reaper and I think it’s one of the best. Very underrated.

I downloaded an eval version of Reaper and a license is quite affordable, so I’m gonna buy it and see how it goes.

I’ve been using Cubase since it came on a floppy disc. I don’t know if I would have had any other preferences, maybe pro tools when hardware power was an issue, but it isn’t now.
I guess these days it’s just a case of whichever one you’re used to.

1 Like

I got into Reaper purely because when i was looking into beginning this journey into audio mixing as a hobby I found I really liked Adam Steel’s tutorial videos. And he used Reaper so that lead me there.

And I do love it.

Another former Cakewalk emigre and I ended with Cubase. It was a bit of a steep learning curve in some areas, particularly signal routing, but had a lot of powerful features I like and use.

While technically not a DAW, I miss Superrack and LV1 on the list :slight_smile: