Control Surfaces

Anyone here use a good control surface? I started off with a Korg Nanocontrol and while it was cool, it’s very limited on what you can do with it. I still use it in my vocal booth if I’m by myself just to start, stop and arm tracks, but because of it’s lack of major features, that’s about all I use it for. Though, to be honest, for the price, it’s a good little device.

I now have a FaderPort 8 (which is seamlessly integrated with Studio One Pro) and absolutely love it. It’s so much easier to use that than to use the mouse to make adjustments.

What other control surfaces do you use?

Hi. I have and use NI Maschine mkII, Softube Console, AKAI MPK25 and a Tascam FW1884 (in HUI, or Native mode in Cakewalk by Bandlab).
I mainly use Studio One 4 Pro (with Cakewalk by Bandlab as my 2nd DAW), and all of the above integrate nicely.
I use the 1884 as a controller with faders and start/stop/ff/rew.
The Console 1 is the thing I use most of them all, and I so wish for Waves to integrate into Console 1.
The Maschine and MPK 25 (very few DAW presets) are used mostly as playable controllers, and the knobs are only used occationally.
All the best.

1 Like

I have the iPad as a control surface for long now :smile: Upgraded to the Pro and it gets even better .
Please try it out
My DAW Logic Pro X

Hi. I use an iPad as a remote control for Studio One when singing. Have it on the mic stand, and just hit record from where I stand. Works like a charm :sunglasses: Even works on Android :+1:
All the best

1 Like

I also have an Alesis DM6 USB, which is more of an instrument, than a controller…

1 Like

I live in hope that Waves will rake on Console One with their own device. Perhaps make it expandable with some optional SoundGrid DSP cards and have it work rather nicely with their channel strip plugins. preferably without the need of StudioRack.

Make me a job offer Wqves, I’ll help you develop and market it!! :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

Hi

there is a new product. mpmidi

on their .com site

Not as far as I can tell. We are talking about Waves, event we?!?

You can control all waves vstfx and vsti…

There is nothing on their site, though.

this forum annoys me a little … sorry I can not even put a link to the manufacturer’s site …
/mpmidi.com/

1 Like

Oh right. I’ve seen that controller around. You had me thinking there was a new Waves controller which is why I couldn’t find it.

In regards to this controller, I think it’s generates a lot of interested from a lot of people, Me, personally I’m not that much of a fan of it. I’ve personally, for a long time now, been looking for something that does a channel strip thing that is customisable and usable with 3rd party plugins.

Been wanting one before Console One was released actually, you can only imagine my disappointment when I discovered it was an exclusive platform. :cry:

1 Like

Good post. I learn something new here. :wink:

1 Like

h t t p s : / / y o u t u b e / s S J p Z X W 7 o l g

not being able to put a link I put a space between each letter. cut the link and remove the blanks

this is what I do with bome midi translator and bcr2000

attention behringer is doing a poll to find out if we want a new bcr64. you have to go to face book. I think it will be a good tool if it is updated

this is the last video

It’s getting close, but still not what I’m after.

Besides from that I actual boycott Behringer products. I find they have no ethics. They just copy someone else’s design, build it out of inferior parts so they can sell it more cheap, and then claim it as their own. Not the kind of people I like to invest with.

I understand your point of view.

1 Like

I’m using Studio One and trying to decide between Solid State Logic’s UF8 & the FaderPort 8 or 16.