Console 1 integration with Waves plugins

My biggest wish from Waves is for them to integrate their plugins to Console 1.
That would mean the world to me, and I guess many others as well.
I hope this is doable and can be fitted into an already busy schedule.
All the best,

5 Likes

To be honest, I want Waves to come up with their own Console One style controller. Possibly with optional SoundGrid DSP.

4 Likes

Hi Guys.

Thanks for the suggestions… we are listening :star_struck::grin:

4 Likes

Hi, Simon. Have you tried a Console 1 in Studio One, SONAR/CbB or REAPER? The integration is phenomenal, so why reinvent the wheel?
And with built in DSP, the price would be considerably higher. As Waves already have DSP servers, and Console 1’s integration with UAD (DSP) in addition to Softube’s own plugins, I don’t see the need when computers are as powerful as they are these days. (but that’s just me :sunglasses: )
All the best.

I’m not actually willing to spend several thousand dollars replacing the plugins I already have just so I can use Console One. I won’t be abandoning Logic either. I spent $1800 on it originally and no other DAW offers some of its unique features I rely heavily upon.

It’s not reinventing any wheel, it’s providing a competing product that the rest of us can use with an opportunity to do it better and at a more affordable price. What I don’t believe is controller manufacturers STILL haven’t designed an alternative. Man it’s pretty obvious that there would be a lot of demand. I’ve spoken to many other people who share the same desires. It’s even so obvious to me that I dreamed up a very similar concept long before Console One reached the market. I am just not a wealthy entrepreneur.

I’ll take or leave the DSP, but there are certainly better applications of it at better prices to make it a much more enticing idea over yet another computer upgrade. It doesn’t have to be an old, irrelevant idea any more, if done properly it could be made relevant again,

2 Likes

I’d then rather hope for Logic to incorporate Console 1 integration, but that’s me.
Logic is a great DAW, which I use at a friends studio quite a bit.
Perhaps we can get the best of both worlds for both of us in the future.
All the best.

No that won’t happen. Apple has it’s iDevices for that.

So YES competition is definitely needed here.

That’s a real shame, Simon.
It’s a fantastic piece of kit, especially with the integration in some DAW’s. IMO iDevices can’t compete with tactile feeling, so Apple haven’t gotten this covered.
I can see why you want something compatible that works with Logic.
Best of luck.

I still have Waves integration with Console 1 as my by far biggest feature request for my studio, be it from Waves, Studio1, CbB or any vendor in the software industry.
Just so it isn’t forgotten :sunglasses:

TO WAVES …Thank you for your awesome plugins. Is there a way for you to create a software that allows users to map midi cc controls to your plugins like control mate for mac? This way we users could control the plugins with out relying on daw manufactures to integrate it. We are so tired of holding this clicking that and scrolling through five menus to control something and the surface makers are just not getting it. The Mackie C4 was a wonder but no one supported it. It would be great if the plugin manufactures created a way for their plugins to be layed out and controlled so we can stop mousing around and mix with a hands on work flow. Thanks for giving this some thought and then making it happen.

Man you’re not far off with the five menus if you happen to be using IR-1’s !! Haha!!

That’s a plugin that does need a serious UI overhaul to get rid of that tangle of menus. It’s a great reverb though. It will be nice to see an upgrade with more spaces too.

You’re right that controller manufacturers aren’t getting it. They’re still focused on making everything based on the large format adaption without questioning is that the most streamlined approach for writer, producers, creatives and smaller studios.

Andrew Scheps was right in saying that you only really adjust one control at a time anyway, sometimes two if you’re doing a stereo pair. The only exception is when you’re bringing up a few faders at once, when you think about that, the “channel strip” approach makes a lot of sense. Especially since it can also fit on most desks.

Waves, please please please either create a Console 1 style controller or make your plugins compatible with Console 1. We would all love to have our hands on knobs and faders not a mouse and keyboard when it comes to mixing. Does SuperRack allow midi out commands? Because that’s another feature MultiRack was lacking. I have controllers for days and none play the way they should with your plugins yet. With nearly 50 year old technology like Midi that line of coding should already be written and easily implemented. I hate that I can’t yet mix the way I want without having to touch the plugin controls with my mouse. I love all the plugins and own most. But as a live engineer speed and precision are vital. My mixes are better with Waves but the control aspect is highly lacking.

2 Likes

I’ll +1 this request - Console 1 is an amazing platform, and of all the plugin manufacturers I could choose to be controllable with it, Waves is an easy top pick! It would take them both to a new level of capability and enjoyment.

1 Like

To make it even more useful, create it so you can add up to 4 Soundgrid DSP modules to it, optionally.

Personally I think it would be great if it could integrate with the host as opposed to just being for Waves plugins. You’ll sell more units that way, plus with the DSP option, you’ll generate more interest by users wanting an alternative to UAD

Hi Everyone! I’m confirming on my side. It would be a dream for me if Waves plugins could be integrated into Console 1 !!!

3 Likes

Alright. I’m going to weigh in here as well. What’s the status of this? I’ve been using Waves plug-ins for a long time and have a good collection now. But workflow is too slow and doesn’t need to be considering the technology today. I’m ready to add efficiency and cut down on CPU usage. Console 1 would be an excellent addition to my setup, especially if it worked well with Waves. Any progress on this yet? Or is there something else I should consider that would work well?

1 Like

I’d rather something that is more “open” supports all DAWs and third-party plugins without being manipulated into buying products from an plugins from yet another company.

I have enough plugins, what I don’t have is an interface that’s interacts with them in a “channel strip” manor.

I’m not alone either. We would be in LARGE numbers. That mans A LOT of potential sales to anyone smart enough to make an affordable, workable solution.

1 Like

In addition to Softube and UAD plugins, there is now a petition to get Plugin Alliance to come on board the Console 1 wagon. (https://www.change.org/p/softube-get-softube-to-partner-with-plugin-alliance-for-console-1-compatible-software?utm_source=share_petition&utm_medium=custom_url&recruited_by_id=fb165d60-dee9-11e3-a40c-ebf341b3d658)
If that happens, I feel Waves would be somewhat left behind in this race.
It wouldn’t be done in a flash to get something new that offers support of native DAW plugins, without having to map everything ourselves. And IMO mapping plugins ourselves defeats the whole purpose of the integration that I love. It’s ready to use.
So I’m still hoping that Waves jumps onboard the Console 1 wagon before other plugin manufacturers do.
I understand where Simon comes from, but for people not tied to Logic/Pro Tools, it is a total game changer having the opportunity to use knobs, and not a mouse.
As far as I can tell, it is only because Logic doesn’t support VST3 that stands in the way of the integration.
There’s also/even a petition for Pro Tools integration. (https://www.change.org/p/avid-integrate-softube-console-1-with-avid-protools)
I’m still hoping :crossed_fingers:

3 Likes

I do agree that we really need BOTH solutions.

Again, there is no reason why anyone should have monopoly on what is effectively “accessibility”

2 Likes

+1 ON THIS.

I use Live so am lucky in that I can use Ableton’s device manager macros to assign a MIDI controller to each plugin function, but I also love Console 1 so it would be far better to add Waves Plugins into that eco-system.

I’m surprised Softube haven’t jumped onto plugin inclusion themselves by approaching Waves & other plugin companies like they have with UAD (or it may be the other way around). They could be like the Amazon Firestick of hardware, where they got their own priority stuff but also host others, could be a great scenario if they can keep Console 1’s OSD stable.

1 Like