Clarity Vx not working on M1 Mac Mini

According to the knowledge base M1 Macs and Studio One Pro should be supported on M1 Macs.

I have Clarity Vx (and Pro) installed on an Intel MacBook Pro and a M1 Mac Mini (second license). Same version of Studio One on both. No problem on the Intel Mac, but on the M1 Mac Mini the plugin will run but it is not picking up any of the audio from the track it is put on.

Anybody else with this issue that have a solution before I contact support?

2 Likes

not working either on my mac mini M1, it doesn’t play any audio. I tried launching logic with rosetta, there I can hear audio, but then logic crashes.

Same here on Logic 10.6 on a Mac mini M1

Hi. According to a Waves page, " Apple M1 Support for Waves Plugins’, there are exceptions, one of which is Clarity:

“Clarity Vx and Clarity Vx Pro plugins require the Rosetta 2 emulator to run on Apple M1 processors. We are working to add native M1 support for these plugins in the near future.”

1 Like

Missed this information. Thank you very much for bringing this to my attention.

Running Studio One with Rosetta works, but performance is reduced so hopefully native support is coming soon :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

You’re very welcome. I actually also ran into the same issue as you did and was going nuts, wondering if there was something I wasn’t doing correctly. Good to know it works with Studio One and Rosetta despite reduced performance. And yes, I’m eagerly awaiting as well also for native support so that I don’t have to suspend Logic just to use Clarity in another daw. Hopefully, it does arrive soon. :slightly_smiling_face:

I’m using Logic Pro X, any idea how can I make it work?

Hi. In Logic Native, Clarity Vx will load, but there will be no audio. It also seems not to work with Logic via Rosetta (due to the crashes mentioned in the post of Firma above). Seems we’ll really just have to await the Native version. (Sorry for the double post. I’m new here. :slightly_smiling_face: I wasn’t able to reply to you directly, so posting again.)

1 Like

I’m also new to the forum! Appreciated it! I have the same issue, it doesn’t output any audio, so I guess we’ll have to wait…

1 Like

I do agree with you here!