Audition CS6 won’t see Waves plugins

Dear all,
I’m sorry if my English is not prefect (I’m Dutch :wink:) but I hope someone will help me.

I’m recently running Audition as a part of Adobe CS6 and I’m trying te update it with my Platinum Package from Waves but everything I try, Audition won’t see my plugins. Other plugins are no problem.

Does anybody know what I’m doing wrong??

Hi @Redsoundnl
Welcome to the Waves community forum.

Please follow the instructions at the How to Find Your Plugins in Adobe Audition or Premiere article.

Hope this one will do.

Have a nice day. :partying_face:

Sorry for my late reaction. I’ve read (and tried) different ways to see the Waves plugins but no solution. Someone told me it has to do with the bitrate of CS6 (only 32) and the bitrate of Waves (64 bit). Is that a possible problem?

Any other suggettions?

Actually that actually might be your issue. 64-bit plugins won’t rung inside a 32-bit app environment. I believe CS6 was quite some time ago, so it is very likely it is 32-bit.

You’ll either need to update it to a 64-bit version or install an older version of the Waves plugins, V9, V10 maybe, The trouble with that is you won’t be able to run any of the newer plugins created in the last few years.

So my versions of Audition is the problem. Is it possible to downgrade Waves to version 10? This might work on Audition.

It is, but the plugins that were built to run on later Versions won’t run in that instance. On the plus side most, if not all Platinum should still be workable in V10.