WAVES.COM SPECIALS SUPPORT

Waves Soundgrid in Reaper

Hi, why is Waves soundgrid slow on Reaper ?

Hi Pepe44,

I am not familiar with a specific ‘slowness’ attributed to REAPER with SoundGrid…

In order to try and assist, Can I ask you to elaborate regarding:

1. Your set-up (and which Hardware is involved)
  2. Which actions you are performing in REAPER to encounter the ‘slowness’?

-Also,
It would be great if you can provide us with some system specs, so we can understand which machine you are working with…

Hi,

I do, and many other have also when trying to use studiorack inside reaper offloading the plugins to a soundgrid server.

Lenovo laptop, 7th generation i7 with 16gb ram.
Using an x-wsg, soundgrid studio and an impact.
Reaper is using soundgrid as the audio device, ethernet interface has only soundgrid protocol and ipv6 enabled, all latest versions/firmware.

I had to disable all reaper options about closing the audio interface when minimized and similar, or else, on a project with about 20 tracks running studiorack each with an instance of cla mixhub lite, it would take roughly about 1 minute and a half to have reaper responsive.

After disabling said options, system got better, still, I have to wait (on the same project) about 10~20 seconds each play/stop. If I switch all studioracks to local everything works well and fast.

I tried presonus studio one and works without problem, on SG or local.

Tested exactly the same project on a MacBook Pro, mid 2011, i5, 16gb ram, Reaper has the same behaviour, on logic and studio one everything works well.

I have no idea if these issues are related to a problem with reaper or waves, the fact is, while googling a out this issue, many have been having this problem for more than a year. I guess not many people use soundgrid servers with reaper.

Best regards.

Copyright © 2019 Waves Audio Ltd. All rights reserved. Contact Us | Terms & Conditions | Privacy Policy