V12 is here with Resizable plugins and more!

So I just fired up the new CLA EchoSphere on Windows 10. Why is it, that even a brand new Waves V12 plugin looks blurry above 100% ? I understand that upscaling hundreds of legacy plugins is a huge challenge. But I would have at least expected all future plugins to include high resolution assets by default :no_mouth:

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback @krabbencutter
We are listening and working on improving the display of resized plugins

1 Like

Yeah it doesn’t make a lot of sense. But at least they are aware of all the unhappy campers now, and as Yishai said, they’ll be looking at improving things.

I guess right now the only thing you can do is “just hang in there”
 :thinking:

I agree. Even the 125% option on my 3840x1600 display is not good in macOS 10.15
And I noticed the preset search is not available in the plugins I have checked that are v12

Not sure why that is
 perhaps it was mentioned, if so, my apologies

Christopher

1 Like

Can we please get Soundgrid mode for us HDX users. I have a SoundGrid Mobile at this point that’s just a giant paperweight at the moment. Would love to use it to offload my plugins. I can’t use StudioRack v9 because I’m on Catalina. :slight_smile:

I even think a size between 100% and 125% wouldn’t go astray, as 25 seems to quite a large jump in sizes, especially for my needs. So I put some feedback in with Tech Support.

I encourage everyone to do the same if they have a similar issue. We wouldn’t have resizable plugins in the first place if it weren’t for the community on the whole asking for it. It just goes to show what CAN happen if we can all work together. :wink:

3 Likes

Glad to see Tune RT & SSL Series got new HiDPI Graphics today :slight_smile: Way to go Waves and I really hope we’re going to see many more such updates before v13 (or whatever the next big version is called) gets released :+1:
Update: just installed the new SSL EQ on my windows machine, scaled it to 200% just for fun and now we’re talking, great job! :partying_face:

1 Like

Yep my SSL stuff is looking sharp at all scales now. Hopefully they get a lot more plugins updated sooner rather than later.

3 Likes

Unless they are vector based or have high-res bitmap masters that can simply be resized and resaved. Bitmaps sucks so going vector would be better but this would be a much bigger effort as you say.
Other plugin companies did this years ago, and I have basically stopped using waves since I bought a 43" monitor. There’s really no excuse to not do this in 2023.

1 Like

They’re not vector based unfortunately. I really thought this would be a good opportunity for them to move to vector rendering, at least for their non-skeuomorphic plugins. It seems that’s the direction they decided not to go in.

They have been slowly improving their UIs as time goes on. They just undoubtedly have alot on their plate with well over 200 plugins to update and many OSes and DAWs to support. Not to mention the backwards compatibility. I wouldn’t be surprised if that was why thy didn’t go vector.