SSL Bus Compressor Shows up but VU meter won't work

I’ve tried reinstalling, reactivating, just everything. It shows up on the master bus but the meter won’t move. It seems it’s still doing something, as I can hear a noticeable difference on the output.
DAW: Reaper 6.51
Windows 10 64bits 32Gb RAM / 2Tb m.2 SSD

I have the same issue!
On certain channels the stereo version of the plugin works fine. But on others (often times aux sends) only the mono version works. Using the mono version obviously results in my stereo aux being mono now and I don’t want that. Did you find a workaround ?

EDIT: The VST version works fine in stereo, but with the VST3 version I have the issue that I described above.

Hi Guys,

@till_sommer, @danilomedeiros,

The described behavior typically relates when using the wrong plugin component, i.e, AU instead of VST3.

Additionally, if you use a Mono plugin component on a recorded Stereo signal this also can lead to weird results.

If you are still struggling with a solution or information please Contact Technical Support directly for assistance.

Hi, I am also having this same problem after paying for a renewed support plan for the SSL Bus Comp and downloading the latest version. I just reinstalled the SSL Bus comp . The only option that shows up in Ableton 11 is the AU2 , there is no VST or VST 3 and there doesn’t seem to be an option to select which format of the plug in to download when running the wave central installer. I checked on my drive in the plug ins folder , and it just shows the wave shell, but no individual plug ins. It renders this particular plug in somewhat useless on a master bus without a meter unfortunately. The others that are upgraded to V14 seem to work ( j 37, API 2500, Manny Eq, ect)

Hi @contactgone,

Welcome to the Waves Forum.

Waves Central installs all available formats when you install plugins.

Please follow these next steps to perform a hard rescan in Ableton which should solve the issue.

If it persists, please Contact Technical Support who will be able to solve this for you quickly.

Waves plugins work differently to many others. To make them easier and cheaper to maintain and develop they use these shells to provide a bridge between the different plugin formats and the actual working plugin code which also leverages their API framework and the Plugin Server.

It sounds more complicated, but from a developer’s point of view it simplifies a lot of things.

I think it’s also worthwhile mentioning that having two versions of the one plugin can also mess with things, like an SSL Bus Comp V13 and V14. This can create conflicts which can create issues.

It might be worthwhile to check you are running only one version and if you’re not either uninstall one or use the Version Organiser found on Central’s settings tab.