New Plugin! Key Detector

Use The Power of AI to Find Your Song’s Key
Waves Audio34x34
NEW Plugin! Key Detector
Key Detector is a time-saving tool for all music makers. Replace manual work with AI-powered key detection, for any track, sample, or full mix.

Using Waves’ Neural Networks engine, Key Detector will provide you with a root note, a scale (major or minor), and two likely alternatives.

Learn More

Enhance Your Vocal Production Workflow
NEW Plugin! Key Detector
Key Detector is the perfect companion to Waves’ vocal tuning & harmonizing plugins: Waves Tune Real-Time, Waves Tune, OVox, and Waves Harmony. Just click the “Transmit” button, and the detected key will be sent to all active instances of these plugins.

2 Likes

Detecting the key can certainly be a useful thing… I’d love it more if it could identify scales and chord progressions because that way it would account for key modulations and chords borrowed from another scale.

3 Likes

@simon.a.billington Exactly. As it currently stands, it’s not really that valuable to me. Sure, it can adjust the key of all the plugins but I still have to make other adjustments. If you want to make this better than an answer to Antares’ “Auto-Key,” Key Detector needs to adjust in real-time as keys/scales change. THEN I would purchase it.

1 Like

Would this detect the key of a MIDI file if the MIDI tracks are assigned to a virtual instrument, each track is sent to the master bus, and the plugin is placed on the master bus?.

Hi @dalemccl,

Welcome to the Waves Forum.

The key Detector should identify the key and scale of any audio content.
So it is best to insert it on a track that best represents the tuning of the song.

I would advise avoiding placing Key Detector on the master buss, since there may be out-of-tune elements in the mix that can result in an inaccurate key detection.

I should imagine so as one the midi goes through an instrument it becomes audio. In fact, depending on the midi info you might get a cleaner translation from Key Detector as opposed to running a fully mixed song through it.

1 Like