Introducing Waves Creative Access

Wow, way to wake up.

How is it possible for Waves to change their business model without timely informing existing customers and offering some sort of compensation?
There have been sales left and right up to the very last minute and nobody thought to inform customers their purchase would be dead in the water within a year?

Won’t be a huge issue in my case: I like a few of your plugins but the statement that they are industry leading in 2023 seems quite far-fetched to me, I doubt many will pay a subscription for a handful of worthy plugins.

I do however feel badly for sound engineers and producers of all levels that would have been forced to upgrade because of architectural changes in their DAW machines - Apple M1, for example - and now they can’t upgrade unless they subscribe (this practice has a name, and it’s illegal in most Countries, b.t.w.).
Users of Mercury might be ok with a subscription if they upgraded every year… but if I was one of those I’d start packing even faster: Waves cannot reasonably expect users to not see the stunt they just pulled for what it is. And no, even if you will reintroduce ‘so-called’ perpetual licensing I’ll stay far away - and, of course, suggest everyone to do just the same.

Well, I’m off to print effects to some tracks and make backups, then I’ll start looking for alternatives. What a disgusting turn of events.

2 Likes