CR8 - snap loop to zero crossings and release to end of sample

Would be great if the loop function operated like Kontakt’s, where the start and end points jump to zero crossings or waveform-synced loops so that there’s less looping artefacts, as well as once you release the key, it plays the end of the sample.

Sample time offset would also be awesome, and auto-slicing a sample to a series of layers per transient, instead of having to manually copy a sample a bunch of times and move the region on each copy. Automatic beatslicing would be huge

1 Like

One of those buttons to the right of the waveform display might actually engage a snap to zero crossing function. Though you could always zoom up close on the waveform and set it there yourself.

I’m with you on that auto slicing feature, though. Not sure how or why they missed it.

Yes, the buttons to the right of the sample window give you a choice of loop position selections.

Although the loop still has a thump if using back and forth looping. I was hoping someone could explain why there is a thump on a back and forth loop when the audio isn’t differing when back and forth looping is invoked. can someone from Waves explain why this is happening?

At the point where the audio starts playing backwards it would be playing back the same “phase” of the cycle. So you ever you get two identical cycles above zero or below zero, instead of cycling naturally from positive to negative.

It’s possible that this might produce artefacts under the right circumstances.

Additionally, if you’re using a modulation curve to control the back and forth motion it might produce a thump if its less than perfect.

I have done this same loop with the same sample on other sampler/romplers. And don’t have this issue. And also. There is no cross fade function on loops only a fade. Which doesn’t make sense. Cross-fades are the most important utilities in sample looping!!

Are you sure that it doesn’t crossfade at a loop point even though it looks like a regular fade?? I was under the impression it did.