Copying pitch-corrected region

I’ve just started out using Waves Tune with Logic Pro X and am attempting to duplicate+drag a region to which I’ve already applied pitch correction rather than having to re-edit it all over again.

Is there any way this can be done?

Thanks alot for your help.

Giovanni G.

Hi @giovannigranata! Welcome to Waves Forum!

The note editing tools within Waves Tune do not include the option to copy/paste or duplicate the notation and edits done on the piano roll.

You can however, export the midi (an option on the top toolbar), then duplicate the region on a midi track in Logic and feed it back in to Waves Tune (the plugin would need to be loaded as a midi controlled effect in this case).

Or…
you could bounce the corrected audio “in place” and duplicate that (remember to bypass Tune! ).

I hope this helps
Yishai

1 Like

Thanks Yishai! Resolved the issue.

Logic supports ARA. It would be nice to see Waves come out with some updates for Tune that adds support for it. Especially as we head into the 2020s. Although, I can understand it may be a bit difficult if its a proprietary standard.

Still, the users are going to need a solution for this type of problem soon. Admittedly, this is why I use Logic’s built in Flex-Pitch whenever possible, too avoid these type of issues.