Confused by System Requirements for v14 Upgrade

Dear Support,

My system parameters and chip are as follows:
Mac Pro (Late 2013)
2.7 GHz 12-Core Intel Xeon E5
64 GB 1866 MHz DDR3

But the v14 upgrade supports the following:
Intel Core i7 / i9 / Xeon-W / Apple M1, M1 Max, M1 Pro, M1 Ultra

I don’t see my processor in that list. But in V13 I see the Xeon processor, which is what I have:
Intel Core i5 / i7 / i9 / Xeon / Apple M1

I don’t know what the difference is between “Xeon” and “Xeon-W” ???

At present, I would feel more comfortable updating to v13, but I don’t see options for that on the site…

I don’t want to pay for the update unless I know it’s going to work with my hardware. Can someone from support help clear up my confusion, please??

I look forward to any responses. Thx :pray:

Bump…

Does ANYONE know what the workaround is if my system specs are not compatible with the v14 software driver upgrade???

My details are in my original post above… If there was a way to install v13 instead after I pay for my v14 upgrade, that would seem to be the driver that is more compatible. Is that an option???

If I pay for my v14 upgrade, is it possible to download ANY of the prior, more compatible versions that preceded v14???

I can’t seem to find a support resource that explains these nuances unless I’m missing something…

Please help.

yes, you can install and run older versions with a newer license.
E.g. you should be able to run a v9 plugin with a v14 license.

AFAIK you can install any plugin with any version even w/o a license down to v10 with the current Waves central.

v9 needs a special treatment (see at the bottom of Waves central).

e.g. explained for v12 here: https://www.waves.com/support/how-to-roll-back-to-waves-v12

Did this help ?

2 Likes

It does get a little confusing, but yes, a V14 license will allow you to run earlier versions as well.

Just be aware that the newer plugins will not have an older licence available, which makes sense, so they won’t run on older systems.

1 Like

Thanks for your help. I will look into the information you share. You guys are great!
:facepunch: :sunglasses:

1 Like