WAVES.COM SPECIALS SUPPORT

An error appears when adding the Waves plugin to the insert

When adding a plug-in to an insert of any mixer channel, the following error is displayed:
There was a problem opening the plugin WaveShell1-VST3 12.7_x64 for an unknown reason. Please make sure it was installed correctly.
What I tried to do:

1. Reinstalled all plugins via Waves Central
  2. Reinstalled FL Studio
  3. According to your instructions, I scanned plugins in FL Studio

These actions did not help.

I’m having same error. I contacted support and I’m waiting on an answer here. This is the second time in one month there was problems with waves plugins. Next time is there last time.

Hello,
Maybe the same as this thread ? no-plug-in-starts-and-no-error/3610

(or this one : my-waves-plugins-arent-working-in-any-daw/3713)

Hope this helps

John

Same thing here. Plugins were working fine a few days ago then suddenly none of them work anymore. All other plugins work except for Waves. It’s like this company goes out of their way to complicate things, at least for FL Studio.

I’ve tried uninstalling and reinstalling both the plugins and FL Studio, rescanning plugins, going back to legacy versions and nothing works.

move your fl studio and waves FILES to the same folder. like if you downloaded fl to your hard drive make sure the waves pluggin is in there too

Hi everyone and Welcome to Waves Forum :slight_smile:

First, try reinstalling Waves Central application.
If that didn’t help, try the following steps in order to repair the Redistributables on your computer (Windows users only):

1. Quit all apps

2. Open Control Panel and navigate to Programs > Programs and Features.

3. Scroll down and locate Microsoft Visual C++ 2012 Redistributable (x64) double-click it and click Repair.

Run the same process with:

Microsoft Visual C++ 2012 Redistributable (x86)

Microsoft Visual C++ 2013 Redistributable (x64 ) / (x86)

Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 - 2019 Redistributable (x64) / (x84)

If asked to restart close the message and continue the process.
Once done Restart your computer.

In case the issue persists, feel free to contact our Tech Support department. They will be more than happy to get you up and running with your plugins.

1 Like

Hey I get this error in FL Studio on Mac. After scanning the Plugin Manager detects Waveshell-VST3 12.7 as error…

Hey that happened to me to yesterday too. still don’t know whats going on.

Yeah in recent times FL seems to get a lot of errors that stem back to errors with Visual C++ Redistributables. I don’t know why this is, whether its triggered by a Windows update or even an FL update.

Following the steps @Gurik posted above usually fixes this issue, however.

Copyright © 2019 Waves Audio Ltd. All rights reserved. Contact Us | Terms & Conditions | Privacy Policy