An error appears when adding the Waves plugin to the insert

When adding a plug-in to an insert of any mixer channel, the following error is displayed:
There was a problem opening the plugin WaveShell1-VST3 12.7_x64 for an unknown reason. Please make sure it was installed correctly.
What I tried to do:

1. Reinstalled all plugins via Waves Central
  2. Reinstalled FL Studio
  3. According to your instructions, I scanned plugins in FL Studio

These actions did not help.

2 Likes

I’m having same error. I contacted support and I’m waiting on an answer here. This is the second time in one month there was problems with waves plugins. Next time is there last time.

Hello,
Maybe the same as this thread ? no-plug-in-starts-and-no-error/3610

(or this one : my-waves-plugins-arent-working-in-any-daw/3713)

Hope this helps

John

Same thing here. Plugins were working fine a few days ago then suddenly none of them work anymore. All other plugins work except for Waves. It’s like this company goes out of their way to complicate things, at least for FL Studio.

I’ve tried uninstalling and reinstalling both the plugins and FL Studio, rescanning plugins, going back to legacy versions and nothing works.

1 Like

move your fl studio and waves FILES to the same folder. like if you downloaded fl to your hard drive make sure the waves pluggin is in there too

Hey that happened to me to yesterday too. still don’t know whats going on.

1 Like

@simon.a.billington is right guys.
Following the steps provided here in the thread should solve this issue.

However, in case the issue persists, feel free to contact our Tech Support department. They will be more than happy to get you up and running.

I got the same error since today.
What changed?
1.) I had bought a new Waves Plugin (CLA)
2.) Then I had updated the Waves Central (not with the v13 features. Clicked that away)
3.) Then I had selected update and install all.
Since that I got that error. DAW: FL Studio.
Have already tried what was described here.
Nothing helped.

Hi @holbizmetrics and Welcome to Waves Forum :slight_smile:

In case the steps suggested above did not solve the issue, it can also be caused by non-English username of the operating system account, having a non-English letter in the username or having your Windows set to a language other than English.

The workaround in this case would be opening a new, administrative account on your Mac OS, and performing the installation via Waves Central through this account. Once the installation is done, the plugin might be accessible in your regular account as well. However in case they aren’t - the options would be either moving to the new, administrative account on your OS, or rolling back your plugin to version 12 on your current account.

That being said, in case the new, admin account also doesn’t solve it - contact our Tech Support department as suggested. They will assist you with this case.

On some occasions, this move has been known to work…

• Quit your software
  • Open either Activity Monitor or Task Manager
  • Kill ‘WavesLocalServer’ and/or ‘WavesPluginServer’ I forget what its called, both maybe
  • Go to /Users/User/Library/Application Support, on PC its Probably in that User App Data folder
  • Delete ‘Waves Audio’ folder & re-launch

This tends to help with some issues that are related to upgraded plugins trying to read older data. Sometimes a cache delete & rebuild is handy in the case of AudioUnit issues.

THIS WAS WHAT SAVED ME

Please follow the steps below to reinstall your Waves plugins - your settings won’t be lost because they’re saved in the session file itself:

1. Close FL Studio
  2. Launch Waves Central and go to the Settings page
  3. Click Complete Waves Cleanup
  4. Back in the INstall Products page, select all your plugins and click Install
  5. Repeat the steps in the How to Find Your Plugins in FL Studio article on our Support page:
  6. Under Scan options , verify that ‘Scan previously scanned plug-ins’ and ‘Re-Scan Plug-Ins with Errors’ are highlighted, if they are not, highlight them
  7. At the top left of the window, make sure Verify Plugins is check-marked, and click on Start scan .
4 Likes

Cmd.studio’s would be better to try first. The procedure U suggested above is really something try if all other things don’t work

Hi, I have same problem…I work in FL Studio on Macosx and when I open existing project it’s impossible open vst called “WaveShell1-VST3 12.7_x64”.
How I can resolve??

Make sure your DAW and OS supports V12.7

https://www.waves.com/support/tech-specs/supported-hosts
https://www.waves.com/support/tech-specs/system-requirements

Hi @andreafanaradj and Welcome to Waves Forum :slight_smile:

Please check this thread. There are few solutions that have been mentioned here that may get you up and running. And if they don’t - you can always contact our Tech Support department.

Hi Gurik,
we use Fl studio (20) on Macosx (Catalina 10.15.7). We have opened friend’s project with some waves’s vst; on some wave’s vst we have “This plugin failed to load” with the title "WaveShell1-VST3 12.7_x64” (probably fl studio’s project was made on windows).
We have use cleanup, repair and clear cache on waves app but nothing…
do you have any solution?
Thanks in advance

Andrea

Thanks Simon, DAW and OS supports this version…

Hi Andrea,

I do advise scrolling through this thread and trying the various solutions and steps mentioned here. And if that doesn’t help - feel free to contact the Tech Support. They will be happy to assist you with this issue. :slight_smile:

You said it was a friend’s project?? Do you have licensed versions of the plugins that they used?? Find out what they are, because that will most likely cause a few issues.

You might want to put eyes on the “WaveShell1-VST3 12.7_x64” file and make sure its actually installed on your system, too.

Sure, I have the same plugins but I don’t have this file “WaveShell1-VST3 12.7_x64” and I don’t know I can create it with Wave’s application on my macosx…