Waves Tune - Piano Roll/Moving & Lengthening Notes

Hi Everyone,

I have a few questions:

1. I can’t hear the piano roll when I click a note with the cursor. Can this be rectified?

2. Moving notes up and down to change the pitch is easy, but can you also move notes left and right, to change where they sit in the bar?

3. Is it possible to lengthen or shorten notes?

Any help and guidance would be greatly appreciated :grinning:

Many thanks,

John

I have the same problem. Sometimes I can hear the piano roll when I click on a key, but somtimes I can’t. And I have not been able to figure out what setting I need to adjust. Did you ever get an answer?

Hi @muellercraft,

Welcome to the Waves Forum.

It might just be that you need to set the Range option from the Global Correction Section.

You can change the range of detection simply by narrowing or enlarging the grayed out area on the Piano Roll. This is done by placing the mouse over the current range border until the
pointer changes into a resize tool. Click-dragging will adjust the detection range
boundary.

If you still need any assistance setting Waves Tune or require further information, do not hesitate to Contact Technical Support.

Hi @muellercraft,

I seem to remember it was a simple issue re volume automation i.e. whenever the play cursor was over a section of a volume envelope that was set to -inf dB (no volume), I wouldn’t be able to hear the piano roll. As soon as I moved the play cursor to a section of the volume envelope where there was volume, voila, I could hear the piano roll. Still catches me out sometimes.

Re Key: The only thing Technical Support said about that was the following: “I would try and ensure the proper range is set for your vocals (Baritone, Tenor, etc.) and then tune yourself according to the right Key for the track.”

Hope this helps.

I don’t think it’s a volume issue or a range issue. I suspect it’s the way I’ve got monitoring set up. I’m using UA’s console with an Apollo Twin X into Logic. I’m monitoring through the Apollo. As I watch the vocal track scroll past in Waves Tune I see the piano keyboard on the left of the window lighting up as each pitch is activated. But when I stop the playback and click with the mouse on a key nothing happens. It’s like a MIDI out function is shut off somewhere but I can’t figure out where.