WAVES.COM SPECIALS SUPPORT

Greg Wells Plugins

I recently purchased the Greg Wells Tone Centric and Mix Centric plugins. After some trial and error, I discovered that both of these plugins were creating a "humming " sound whenever I bounced my mixes. After disabling the plugins, the humming sound is gone. Have any of you had this issue? How do I fix it?

Hi @jonnelson1988,

Both of these plugins have a lot going on under the hood, including processes that add harmonic distortion.
If you are experiencing unwanted artifacts and humming, I’ll bet you are feeding the plugin with quite a ‘hot’ signal, resulting in harmonic distortion being added to the quieter parts of your signal.

Greg Wells plugins have a “sensitivity” LED that helps you adjust the input to the best level for the plugin to work with.
Select the loudest part of your content and loop it, then adjust the plugin’s input slider until the sensitivity LED is mostly green and hits yellow just at the peaks.

This should provide satisfactory results. Please let us know if that worked!

Copyright © 2019 Waves Audio Ltd. All rights reserved. Contact Us | Terms & Conditions | Privacy Policy