WavesLocalServer...what is it and why doesn't it quit when I quit my DAW?

Why does netstat show connections if there no transmission of data?

[WavesLocalServer.exe]
TCP myip 147.78.130.60:41737 TIME_WAIT
TCP myip 147.235.26.66:61974 TIME_WAIT
TCP myip 52.159.126.152:https ESTABLISHED

Hi @kayc.frl,

From V14.12 all clients will have the option to allow data tracking, or not, if you allow data to be tracked (through Waves Central),
data transmission is expected - and even after closing a session theoretically, information can be transferred – depending on the amount of information accumulated. Note that data tracking is related to Waves only.

Keep in mind that the WLS will still run processes but will not transfer personal data regarding Waves usage.

If you wish to update to V14.12 feel free to use the following article:

waves.com

How to Update Waves Plugins to the Latest Version | Support | Waves

Learn how to update your Waves plugin licenses and software to latest version available, whether for perpetual licenses or Waves Creative Access subscriptions.

1 Like

Remember we’ve already voluntarily provided Waves with personal information on their website by simply purchasing their software, as is the case with any other online store. They don’t need to go to extravagant lengths to steal data from our computer.

The data they do collect helps them to understand why crashes happen and gives them a better idea of what they need to fix. This in turn helps them make more stable software that even user benefits from. No credit card numbers required.

1 Like

Coming here to complain about this as well. Fresh boot and startup, didn’t even launch my DAW, and Waves is taking 40% of my i9-11900K without as much as saying hello. This reeks of spyware.

Cancelled subscription and uninstalled until Waves can explain. I’m not okay with this.

Not spyware. Read above, they don’t need to steal your data.

It’s just a server so that when we use a multiple copies plugin we aren’t wasting precious resources on loading many copies of it. It makes it so that we only load one copy and everything else references it.

What you’re experiencing doesn’t sound normal unless Cosmos is indexing in the background or something. I’d have a conversation with tech support.

You dont have a company that survives 30 years by unlawfully stealing user data. They would have been caught out by now, fined, maybe imprisoned, and their reputation would have been smeared all across the web. The company would go under. You don’t survive 30 years if you make these kind of stupid decisions.

I’m having this issues in cubase when I open cubase and it scans waves plugins it keeps them in a blacklist and when i activate them, going to project im working on i get this weird message about

WavesLocalServer.exe - Ordinal Not Found
The ordinal 360 could not be located in the dynamic link library C:\ProgramData\WavesAudio\WavesLocalServer\WaveLocalServer.bundle\contents\Win64\WaveLocalServer.exe.

Pls help me out.
This is from Windows 10 64bit

Hi @vtonicsounds,

Welcome to the Waves Forum.

I advise Contacting Technical Support and having them troubleshoot this for you.

Waves Local Server is currently using nearly 200 MB of RAM sitting idle and I haven’t started my DAW yet. Please lower the RAM utilization. That’s a lot of memory utilization for something that’s not even running really.

Hi,

Welcome to the Waves Forum.

I suggest taking this one with our Technical Support team.