WAVES.COM SPECIALS SUPPORT

When is WAVES Going To Fix Studiorack Crashing Cubase 10 Mac

I know it’s pretty bad. The thing is it doesn’t exist in isolation, as it has to support the SoundGrid infrastructure. Many people rely on it live, where there are no safety nets. The bugs really have to be fully ironed out.

That is only further complicated by the use of new SoundGrid products, new operating systems, DAW updates, including Cubase, changes in Drivers, changes in system security and antivirus software. It is really quite a detailed thing to be navigating and it’s only slowed down if Waves is waiting for Steinberg to respond to their queries.

Yeah a year is a long time, but at least it’s the pipeline and not getting abandoned altogether. That accounts for a lot.

1 Like

I’ll renew my Waves upgrade plan when this is fixed…

Maybe…

What are the chances SoundGrid Studio and SoundGrid Driver will be 64bit by the time Catalina comes out, or even within a year of release? Or ever?

Well, I guess this answers that question:

"Operating System
10.9.5 – 10.14.5

• SoundGrid Studio V9 will not be supported under Mac OS X 10.15"

https://www.waves.com/soundgrid-studio-application#tab-support

Is there any new information about updating Studiorack regarding the compatibility of Cubase 10?

Best regards

We continue to develop the SoundGrid platform, and are working hard to enhance the future compatibility of Waves applications such as StudioRack and SoundGrid Studio.

Thanks very much for that fast reply. Are there any known settings or other things to improve the stability of that plugin til release of the update of studiorack?
Cubase 10 was released over a year ago, is an absolute standard DAW and the Waves hardware is - simply said - not usable. This is ultimately very unsatisfactory for customers. This does not change anything if the plugin’s website shows compatibility only with cubase 9.5. Cubase 9 (lease 12/2016) is outdated.

with kind regards

Hi @DominikJAy.
We are aware of this being unsatisfactory and are working, as said, to make this available.
Yes, StudioRack is still only compatible up to Cubase 9.5, and works perfectly there.
One of the nice things about cubase is that you can have a 9.5 and 10 installed side by side.

There are technical challenges qualifying SR for Cubase 10 and we are working hard to have a new version that works there.

1 Like

WAVES Were is The FIX For Studio Rack Crashing Cubase 10 on Mac it’s Been Over a Year Now I Have a Lot Of Money Invested in Waves Hardware And Plugins What is Going On ???

Hi @lyric8,

We are pleased to let you know that new versions of SoundGrid Studio and StudioRack are in development, with several updates expected this year.
Waves are working to ensure that the new versions are compatible with Waves V11 plugins and have new exciting features.

The first release in this series of updates is scheduled for Q2 2020.

Hi Yishai-Waves, I was wondering if there is a release date for the Soundgrid Studio update other than just Q2? I have a Burl Bmb4 Mothership and a new Mac Pro (delivered with Catalina )that I am desperately waiting to use. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Hi @heem111, unfortunately I do not. I will keep you posted

Is it just me or does the new MultiMod remind you of something loosely designed in the StudioRack. With their recently passed release of SuperRack and now their new release of MultiMod, I would hazard a guess to say StudioRack isn’t that far behind at all. It looks to me that these things are built using the very same technology that they would need to make StudioRack happen.

Don’t lose faith brother, I’m sure there will be a happy ending to this story before very long.

2 Likes

What Is Going On One More Month Has Past Since You Posted This Still No Fix For The Studio Rack Crashing Cubase 10 Mac i Spent Over $4000 and Still Cant Use My Digigrid iOS Audio Interface And Waves Plugins Correctly I Can’t Use The DSP Waves Has Not Fix It Since November 15, 2018 Almost 2 Years No Fix Wow

1 Like

Hi @lyric8 - coming really soon!

I know a guy who’s on the beta review team. He takes his NDA very seriously so tells me NOTHING.

Except for this one thing… it’s being reviewed by the beta team now!!

So yes, it’s definitely on it’s way and it’s soon.

Can You Please Let Us Know What is Going On When Can i Use My Digigrid iOS Audio Intrface DSP With My Plugins and Studio Rack

@lyric8

⚡️NEW & FREE! The new StudioRack and SoundGrid Studio ares here!

It Needs A Maintenance Fix UpDate Though Using The Parallel and Split Channel With Only Like 5 or 6 Plugin With My Digigrid iOS it Over Loads 115% The iOS and Makes The Audio Crackle and Pop Sound The iOS Is Supposed To Run at Least 100 Plugins I Can Run Way More Plugins With Just My 2012 Mac Pro CPU So Ones Again What is The Point Of Spending Thousands Of Dollars And it is Not Work Rite The Old Studio Rack i Could Use a Lot Of Plugins With No Problems I Hope it Dose Not Take Another 2 Years It Fix

Hi @lyric8,

It really depends which plugins, some, such as Abbey Road Plates and H-Reverb are more CPU heavy than most others. You can load dozens of SSL Channel’s and q10 which are light…
Please reach out to support to make sure everything is set up properly and you are getting the mac out of your IOS and setup.

Thanks.

Copyright © 2019 Waves Audio Ltd. All rights reserved. Contact Us | Terms & Conditions | Privacy Policy