V11 is here! And with a new Waves Central!

I think it is amazing your old products still work. It is true as long as we do not update we are fine. So you are saying unless we get to a point where the daw or operating system no longer supports the plug in version there is no benifits in updating to
the latest version? I guess my thing is it would be great if the new version was actually better then the old as in new features just not compatibility. It would be nice to see some revamped or added saturation knobs or filetrs on the plugins as a drop
down menu so that we can mangal a plugin. Like a standard mode and an over saturated waves features mode. Add a hidden spectrograph window to all the eq plugins that slide out from the side so we can see how the plugin is affecting the source. Add a midi
learn mode that works with the daw so we can map the plugin controls to any controller. It just seems like there is no real reason to update and no added value besides some new skins and presets. All that saidā€¦I still love my Waves plugins and love
the $29 sales you all run. Thanks for making those purchases well worth the investment.

1 Like

There are plenty benefits to updating:

• Full ongoing compatibility with the latest major DAWs & operating systems (including macOS 10.15 Catalina).
  • New updated versions of all eight Renaissance plugins, including:
    • Freshly designed interfaces with three skin choices: Light, Dark, and Legacy
    • Real-time frequency analyzers added to the R-EQ and R-Channel plugins
    • Complete revision of the R-Channel user interface for more intuitive usage of the channel strip plugin
    • 700+ new presets by leading artists
  • Free plugins added to selected premium bundles:
    • Platinum: OneKnob Pumper, MetaFilter, Greg Wells ToneCentric
    • Diamond: OneKnob Pumper, MetaFilter, Greg Wells ToneCentric, Cobalt Saphira
    • Horizon: OneKnob Pumper, MetaFilter, Greg Wells ToneCentric, WLM Plus Loudness Meter
    • Mercury, Pro Show, SD7 Pro Show: Infected Mushroom Pusher
  • Plugin performance improvements: see full list .
  • Access to all other plugin updates since V10.
  • 1400+ artist presets added to plugins: see full list .
  • EQ Curve support on Pro Tools and Avid S6 for the AudioTrack, eMo F2, eMo Q4, F6, GEQ, H-EQ, Linear Phase EQ, Q10, R-EQ, R-Channel, RS56 plugins.
  • Set any preset as default preset in all plugins.
  • NKS support added to 43 Waves plugins for compatibility with Native Instruments hardware: see full list of NKS-ready plugins.

We will never change the sound or controls of a released plugin.
Why?
Because if we did - the next time you open you saved mix or session after updating it wonā€™t sound the sameā€¦ and probably not for the better.
We take pride in NOT changing functionality or sound in version updates to maintain backwards compatibility.

Did that in the Renaissance EQ plugin :slight_smile: but not allā€¦

I am so glad you love our plugins - so do we!

This is some good stuff but presets and new skins donā€™t seem to be much of a reason to update. I get the on going support but again that is only at the point when one has to. Thanks for the new analyzers that is a good addition if one has those specific
plugins. Eq curve support for Protools is great. NKS support is great again if one owns that hardware. It would be much better if any controller could be mapped. That qould be boss. I did not mean change the plug in native sound. That would not be
good for recall as you say but add some functions that can be switched on and off. Like a native mode and an enhanced functionality mode so that the native is still the same as the original but with added functions. I cant make plugins so maybe thats undoable
with out changing the sound. Just a thought. As lfor price my Scheps 73 was$ 29 and to renew it is $17. The cost to update is more than half the price new. (I) just feel that is expensive for ongoong support of a purchased product. But i may
be alone in that feeling. Im not sorry i bought anything and will continue to use my Waves plugings and buy what i need. I just think the update cost is a bit much. Thanks for replying and being attentive to your customers.

Technically most, if not all their plugins are worth much more than $29. Letā€™s just say they were though, since thatā€™s what we would pay for them anywayā€¦

You can actually save more money if you WUP plugins together, but thatā€™s if their accumulative WUP exceeds the cap. I forget what it is, $240??

Adversely, you could always look at spending the money on upgrading to a bundle that contains your plugins. If done at the right time, you can pick it up for quite cheap. Your WUP will be refreshed and youā€™ll get more plugins to go along with it.

Hey iā€™ve got a problem and sent TWO emails to support but got no answer yet!!! Iā€™m using Waves Central 11 but when I Activate and Install the plugins are only activated but not installed! Iā€™ve tried many many things across waves support page and internet but nothing worked. Any one can help me please?

Hi @rafaelmsiqueira91,

Our support ticketing is pretty slammed after Black Friday, but all ticket will be answered.

If you have gone through all online troubleshooting with no solution - the best and fastest solution is to call the support team at 1-865-909-9200 ext. 1.

If you are concerned about long distance charges, you can ask to call you back one you reach a representative.

Just a reminder to anyone who has reached this part of the thread to
checkout out our V11 FAQs .

Hey Waves, remember when ā€œfuture-proof your sessionsā€ was actually a thing? :rofl: