WAVES.COM SPECIALS SUPPORT

V11 is here! And with a new Waves Central!

We are pleased to announce a new version of Waves plugins, Waves V11. Update to V11 to future-proof your sessions, ensure compatibility with the latest DAWs and operating systems (including MacOS 10.15 Catalina), enjoy plugin updates including new versions of the Renaissance plugins, get new plugins added to premium bundles, and more.

Future-Proof Your Sessions

At Waves, we devote much of our time and software development resources to ensure that the plugins you invested in will always remain compatible with all the latest major DAWs and operating systems. V11 is the latest in our ongoing updates, so you can always keep focusing on what’s important—creating the best music and audio you possibly can, now and in the future.

How to Update to Waves V11

1. First ensure that your system and DAW support Waves V11.
  2. If your Waves licenses are covered by the Waves Update Plan, simply update them to V11 for free. If they are not covered, renewyour coverage first, then update.
  3. Once your licenses are updated, install & activate your V11 plugin software.

Got Questions?

See V11 FAQs or contact technical support.

Please note: V11 plugins are not supported in MultiRack, SoundGrid Studio and StudioRack. V11 plugins are fully supported in the upcoming SuperRack plugin rack and in eMotion LV1 V10.

What You Get in Waves V11

• Full ongoing compatibility with the latest major DAWs & operating systems (including macOS 10.15 Catalina).
  • New updated versions of all eight Renaissance plugins, including:
    • Freshly designed interfaces with three skin choices: Light, Dark, and Legacy
    • Real-time frequency analyzers added to the R-EQ and R-Channel plugins
    • Complete revision of the R-Channel user interface for more intuitive usage of the channel strip plugin
    • 700+ new presets by leading artists
  • Free plugins added to selected premium bundles:
    • Platinum: OneKnob Pumper, MetaFilter, Greg Wells ToneCentric
    • Diamond: OneKnob Pumper, MetaFilter, Greg Wells ToneCentric, Cobalt Saphira
    • Horizon: OneKnob Pumper, MetaFilter, Greg Wells ToneCentric, WLM Plus Loudness Meter
    • Mercury, Pro Show, SD7 Pro Show: Infected Mushroom Pusher
  • Plugin performance improvements: see full list.
  • Access to all other plugin updates since V10.
  • 1400+ artist presets added to plugins: see full list.
  • EQ Curve support on Pro Tools and Avid S6 for the AudioTrack, eMo F2, eMo Q4, F6, GEQ, H-EQ, Linear Phase EQ, Q10, R-EQ, R-Channel, RS56 plugins.
  • Set any preset as default preset in all plugins.
  • NKS support added to 43 Waves plugins for compatibility with Native Instruments hardware: see full list of NKS-ready plugins.
  • Personal technical support (phone, email, TeamViewer) included in your Waves Update Plan coverage.

Update to V11 with the New Waves Central

We are pleased to announce a new improved version of Waves Central, the application that lets you easily install and manage your Waves licenses across different devices. Based on your valuable feedback, we have streamlined Waves Central for the most intuitive installation and license management experience.

The Waves Update Plan

If you wish to update your earlier plugins to Waves V11, you will need to be covered by the Waves Update Plan. In addition to receiving all plugin updates during your coverage period, you will also receive these benefits:

• Full technical support, including phone and email assistance, remote assistance via TeamViewer, all the way to satisfactory resolution of your issue.
  • New plugins added to select Waves bundles
  • A Waves voucher good towards any Waves software purchase (see terms & conditions).

Great news! But I still feel that once we buy a plugin from Waves we should not have to always pay for updates from years to years. That’s kind of lame.

1 Like

You can still get updates without the Waves Update Plan. This only includes maintenance updates though. So if you bought a v9 plugin in 2013 and didn’t keep your update plan recent, you still got the last v9 plugin update in 2018. However if you wanted to upgrade to v10 or now v11 of your plugin(s), you would need to have an active Waves Update Plan for your plugin(s).

I will say I am not thrilled at the short product cycle of Waves v10. Waves v9 was released in early-2012, and v10 was released mid-2018. Now v11 barley a year later??

Will Waves v10 continue to receive updates, or is Waves moving to a yearly release model?
I’m not opposed to upgrading my plugins every so often, but just to keep OS compatibility each year? Not a fan.

Oops… I updated to V11, forgetting that StudioRack and Soundgrid aren’t ready.
Trying to get it back to V10 with offline installer… aaaargh!!

When is Soundgrid etc going to be updated to be compatible with V11??

Do you blame waves or…MS/Apple?? I still had my version 5 waves stuff running on windows 10. Same with powercore, UAD1 etc…
Catalina is a headline with compatibility on most forums I have visisted

1 Like

Waves V10 receives some minor software fixes now with the release of V11, but further development and maintenance will only be for current version - V11, from now on.
As you said - If V9 or V10 is working on your system there is no necessity to update to V11. Only if you use newer operating systems that cannot support our old versions, will you need to update.

Hi @mattrixx;

1. Quit all audio apps.
  2. Launch the Waves Central application and log in
  3. Go to the Settings tab.
  4. Under Maintenance , select version 11 and click Uninstall.
  5. Under Maintenance , locate the Version Organizer and click Run to its right.
  6. In the next window, click Run again
    On Mac you will be prompted to enter your administrator password.
  7. Waves Central will now organize your plugins by version and license.
  8. Once the process is complete, click OK .

The Version Organizer will now correlate the plugin software installed on your system to the licenses you have activated.

Now V10 will work again in SG Studio and StudioRack.
If that did not work, please contact our Tech Support team and they will get you up and running

Lv1 V10 support V11 plugins.
SuperRack will be released VERY shortly.
SG Studio and StudioRack expect updated further down the line, I do not have an ETA for this at this time.

Oh I 100% understand it’s Apple and not Waves on the OS compatibility. I was mainly pointing out the vast difference in the product life cycle from v9 -> v10, and now to v11.
v9 had a very long product cycle (~6 years), and now going back and seeing how long v8 was out, I see that it was about the same as v10 (slightly more than a year).

Thanks Yishai,
I’m not sure SuperRack is something that I need, however, SG Studio and SR are key to my production setup and past/current projects. So looking forward to seeing those updates soon. Though, “further down the line” doesn’t sound promising.
Regards,
Matt

Thanks again Yishai
I did manage to get it going again. The issue largely remind din Logic, where the AU manager was not playing ball.
Got there in the end.

1 Like

I updated to the new waves Central on my iMac and now Waves Central will not load. I get this message, “Waves Central could not have initialized properly and will be closed” this is pretty frustrating has anyone else had this issue? Is there a fix?

Hi.
I have a very limited download allowance. Living in a very remote area I have no choice.
Do I need to download the samples for instruments again?
It took me forever to download the HD samples for the bass instruments.

I don’t know if you are allowed to reply to your own questions.
But, I did a test and the new v11 instruments can be downloaded without the samples and they appear to connect and work ok.
Bass Fingers, Bass Slapper & Clavinet installed without highlighting any samples. Electric Grand 80 wasn’t happy about not selecting samples but found them ok without having to manually reconnect.

Every dev charges for updates, WUP works out to be cheaper, but then, you’re not paying for the “new features” they throw in.

So it works out.

1 Like

Yes i so agree it is not cool to recharge for .already bought products . I do see that Waves needs a way to make money so that we keep getting good products but the update cost is way to expensive. I could see 10 bucks each with 100 cap.

@shawneverette. we do not recharge for your already bought products. You can stay with the version you bought forever if you don’t update your OS or DAW,
If you wish to update to a new version, it is basically getting a new product that was developed and tested meticulously to work on new Operating systems and DAW versions. That new version is offered for free within the first year of purchasing the product. After one year, we offer a paid Waves Update plan renewal when you want to update.

Copyright © 2019 Waves Audio Ltd. All rights reserved. Contact Us | Terms & Conditions | Privacy Policy