WAVES.COM SPECIALS SUPPORT

V10 and other plugins in Ableton Live

Hi, I just got my first WAVES plugin. Would love to start using Waves Tune. So I used Waves Central and the plugin was installed on my pc. The licence is activated.

On the website there is info about what to do when the plugin does not show.
https://www.waves.com/support/how-to-find-your-plugins-in-ableton-live

Easy instructions, but when I change the locations of the plugin, AL is showing Waves, but then do no longer show any of my other plugins in Ableton. They can’t be on different locations.

How to solve this?

Hi @djbrambo

what do you mean by this?

Change the location of the software or the licenses?

I think it would be best to contact our Tech Support team directly about this one. Im sure they can sort it out for you.

Thanks!

Hi @Yishai-Waves and sorry for being so vague on this one.

I have installed the items via Waves Central 10. And now I want to add them to my plugins in Ableton Live. But Waves is installed here: C:\Program Files (x86)\Waves\Plug-Ins V10 (as stated on your supportpage).

My other plugins (dll-files) are in a different location and I have Live directed to that folder. Within Ableton Live I can only direct to 1 plugin folder. So what must I do in order to make us of all my different plugins??

Hi @djbrambo,

Waves plugins are indeed installed here: C:\Program Files (x86)\Waves\Plug-Ins V10

But we install and use file/s called “Waveshells” which are what the DAW scans and uses to load the plugins from the locations above.

As of Ableton Live 10, we use the VST3 format - which is located here:
C:\Program Files\Common Files\VST3
Set live to scan this location (which is the system default)

If you use an earlier version of Live - the regular VST shell will be located here:
C:\Program Files\VSTPlugins

If the Waveshell files are not in that location - please quit Live and re-install the Waves plugins.

Copyright © 2019 Waves Audio Ltd. All rights reserved. Contact Us | Terms & Conditions | Privacy Policy