WAVES.COM SPECIALS SUPPORT

Metafilter not showing

Hi

Metafilter will not show up in my LV1 list and also not in studiorack
it will however load just fine in any daw as a single plugin

Any ideas why?

Hey @hakonholmas,

Indeed, MetaFilter is not supported and cannot load in our SoundGrid hosts.

You can see this in the Supported Platforms Tab in the product page: https://www.waves.com/plugins/metafilter#tab-tech-specs|tab-supported-platforms

This is due to the CPU requirements of this plugin - it creates CPU Spikes that SG servers cannot handle well.

Hi Yishai, and thanks for the answer!

Ok, that explains it. Any plans for a rewrite of the plugin to make it more efficient and SG-compatible?
It´s a great little tool for creative effects and I would love to have it integrated in my LV1-setup

Hey @hakonholmas,

Currently no, there are no plans, but I have passed this on as a feature request to our Product department.

Thanks

I’ve had a similar conversation a week or tow back with Tech Support, they seem to say that it can’t happen because of the fundamental way Metafilter works. At this point it just doesn’t seem like a feasible thing.

It’s not a latency thing but apparently some patent-pending-they-could-tell-me-but-would-have-to-kill-me kind of thing. :upside_down_face:

1 Like

Too bad. I´ve made some cool sounds with that thing :slight_smile:

Yeah I’m disappointed on that one too.

Copyright © 2019 Waves Audio Ltd. All rights reserved. Contact Us | Terms & Conditions | Privacy Policy