Cant open Waves Central on mac

this helped, thanks alot

you are a ■■■ send tysm

This worked for me, Thank you so much :pray:

Not working for me. It show : command not found . Do you have any solutions :pray:t2:Thanks

Ya I have the same problem. Super annoying since I need to use the licenses on 3 computers and they are locked on one. I’m using a 2019 intel MBP. Waves doesn’t show up under the automation section and running the sudo command in terminal opens the app but I get the same message.

works great, very clever. thank you

Got the same damn message. And, tech support tells me to basically delete everything, reinstall everything…etc. VERY poor customer support when you find a user in this very forum with a simple fix to RUN TERMINAL with that one command. You will run Waves Central with root permissions. All uninstalled plugins will be able to be downloaded, with none of this deletion mess. Talk about making a mountain out of a freakin mole hill! If they can’t get competent tech support to assist, perhaps they should allow the advanced users with common sense to come aboard the Waves family for employment. I’d be tickled pink to come work for them considering I rely on their products to get my music done and done right.

Dude, you saved my day! Thanks a bunch! :+1:

THANK YOU! This actually worked!

Is there a way to save it though? so I don’t have to do it every single time I wanna open waves central.

Yup, I am having this issue on my mac mini - working fine on my PC (which is a first LOL) urmmm yeh waves sort this out or refund me for the inconvenience - this is not cool. I open up Waves central and the software does not open. It has it in the top left bar of OS, and the icon at the bottom has a dot under it to show it is running. I have reinstalled it too. NOT COOOL guys, I am going to learn my references on Paz analsyer for DMG audio dualism and sell my licenses for paz analyser and never touch their software again. The hate here is real and its safe to say you have ruined Christmas ‘Waves’. Maybe less focus on sales and more focus on maintenance. Astoundingly disappointed - all of these suggested methods above don’t work. Sad sad day here

Is this a problem on all MacBooks? I recently bought the new M1 Pro MacBook and am having this issue after paying for a plug-in. Should have tried the demo version first I suppose, also not to keen on allowing full disc access regarding that sudo option as it seems to be working for few people.

you are awesome thank you

Hi @dima.hek53 and all visitors on this page.

First of all thank you for your input and helping the community!!

Unfortunately, this solution you provided is not an official solution, not approved by Waves and we cannot guarantee it will work continuously or support this solution moving forward.

:skull_and_crossbones:Running a GUI program such as Waves Central with Sudo may lead to user files being locked and lead to unusable desktop / documents / caches / etc… :skull_and_crossbones:

So instead of this:

:white_check_mark:Simply open a new Admin user account on your Mac.

This solution works.
If you need more assistance please contact support.

1 Like

Okay, I just PAID for waves Element 2.0 and I went to open waves central, it updates and then the screen disappeared. I try to quit and it won’t. I force quit and restart it. SAME THING. I restart my machine…SAME THING. I have Monterey… I NEED A SOLUTION. This is ridiculous.

Monterey on M1 or Intel Mac??

Try downloading Central manually and reinstall it.
https://www.waves.com/downloads

Intel Mac and I did that already

Okay, new here but had issue with password when waves central prompted me. I thought it wanted my Waves account password but it turns out…after a million reads and tries…that it was my iMac admin password it wanted.

Not sure it helps anymore but wanted to contribute my fix.

THANK YOU! Worked like a charm. Waves needs to fix this very annoying bug.

Hi @xgrgrahf, please contact support here: Login | Waves
They will help sort this out

1 Like